Samsung S20 and Duo Pro I/O

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of Android music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Samsung S20 and Duo Pro I/O

Postby Michael1197 » Thu May 28, 2020 2:00 am

Just want to let the community know that I could never get the Duo Pro to work on my Samsung S8+ for FB Live or IG Live, despite many hours of reading, messing around with settings and phone conversations with my carrier and with Samsung. See post below, I was getting the horrible static that people talk about, even though I could record into I recorder 3 on the phone just fine.

So, I took the device to the T Mobile store and started trying it out on the various phones there. The Samsung S20 works PERFECTLY, easily, and immediately with the Duo Pro I/O. I plugged it in, opened up Facebook live and then IG live, and both immediately got beautiful music from Tidal streaming off my laptop connected with a 1/4" adaptor and a regular XLR mic plugged into the other connector.

Of note, the music seems to come out very hot from my Mac Book and I have the gain for that channel set very low, almost at 0, whereas the xlr mic (not a condensorr) needs a TON of gain to get to a good level in the live sessions. I haven't tried out the condenser mic I have because I don't want to burn through batteries with the 48v phantom power on.
Michael1197

Re: Samsung S20 and Duo Pro I/O

Postby rmozee » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:32 pm

Nice!
May i ask, how exactly do you connect the s20 to the irig duo pro I/O ?
rmozee

Postby rmozee » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:54 pm

Scratch that. I found the MinDin to USB C cable.
rmozee

Postby chayib » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:42 pm

The iRig Expert I/O is viable with any Android gadgets running Android 5 or later and with USB computerized sound abilities. As far as anyone is concerned the Samsung Universe S9 will uphold these kinds of gadgets and will function admirably.
chayib

Return to Android Apps & Accessories