iRig app with Stream-no multichannel Android 10.

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of Android music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig app with Stream-no multichannel Android 10.

Postby jasonhrvy1979 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:20 pm

Hi All,

I have the iRig record app with iRig Stream interface and I am not able to select multichannel, only mono is selected and greyed out with no way to change the channel setting. This is on a Oneplus 7 Pro with Android 10. The iRig stream interface has "mono" turned off and when I plug headphones into it, I do hear a stereo signal monitoring from the interface itself.

Jay
jasonhrvy1979

Re: iRig app with Stream-no multichannel Android 10.

Postby scottyknows6 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:35 am

I'm experiencing the same issue with an LG V30 and using the iRig Stream. I can confirm stereo recording with Open Camera app from the play store, but the iRig recorder app defaults to a mono channel recording that is greyed out.

Scott
scottyknows6

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:36 pm

Make sure the MONO - STEREO switch is set to stereo. If that is not the issue, IK Support would be happy to assist you via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jasonhrvy1979 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:51 pm

Yes the mono switch is set to stereo, the only way I can activate the stereo option is by disabling the audio routing in developer mode, which does activate the selection, but unfortunately only for the internal stereo mics, it completely breaks the USB port because no headphones or Interface can be seen. Turning off audio routing returns the phone back to normal, with the mono selection "greyed out".

So as of right now I can't even record audio from the internal stereo mic source, and when I plug in the interface the OS sees it as a mono headset, not a stereo audio input/interface.

Other applications bypass the irig as an audio source as well, the Instagram app for example just records the phones mic input making a live story with hi res audio impossible. The standard phone's device video app also does not see the irig interface.

Also, the app hasn't had an google play update since June or July of 2019.

Can IK multimedia make a video to demonstrate how the app works on an Android 10? Perhaps we can see what we are doing wrong here.

Any help would be appreciated. The mono recordings within the irecorder app are great, but all the unexpected limitations outweigh what the product is marketed to do for the hard cost and troubleshooting time I put into it.

Jay
jasonhrvy1979

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:11 pm

You would need to make these requests and provide this information in a support ticket via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you have not done so already and work with (or continue to work with) the support team directly to get your issue resolved.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jasonhrvy1979 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:16 pm

Ticket #1271821 opened on Feb 14th. I believe in the product and am willing to help in any way. I'm a broadcast engineer so I can most definitely help.

J
jasonhrvy1979

Postby scottyknows6 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:01 am

I was able to initiate stereo/channel selection functionality by entering developer options and disabling USB Audio Routing. I guess leaving this option enabled conflicts with Android defaulting to charge the iRig Stream instead of utilizing it as a Midi/Playback device.
scottyknows6

Postby jasonhrvy1979 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:10 pm

Yes the developer option enables the channel selection, but the irecorder app only allows for the stereo internal mic to be active within the app when audio routing is disabled. Something else the app doesn't do, allow recording via the stereo mic. The app may need an update, the last update was almost a year ago.

J
jasonhrvy1979

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:22 pm

If there is an update necessary for the app, the support team will be able to assess that and submit the proper request to the developers. They can answer any questions about that in your ticket.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby scottyknows6 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:05 pm

I want to report successful stereo channel selection with the interface. First, I am sorry Jason for not thoroughly reading your previous post with the developer option attempt. Here is how I got the iRig stream to operate in stereo. It was suggested by Ryan in tech support to simply plug in a headset to the phone port, but i had to tweak it:

1. Plug in the iRig Stream to your android phone, launch the iRig recorder app and go to the settings page to select the interface channel.
2. Insert and remove a headset in the 3.5mm audio port on the phone itself, not the iRig stream. You should see the channel selection un-grey and default to stereo.
3. Exit settings by pressing the camera button in the app to start a video recording and now the iRig stream should register audio input in stereo.

You will have to follow this procedure every time you connect the iRig stream.
scottyknows6

Postby Jenghisbeat » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:20 am

Making android switch to stereo by plugging and unplugging works, but video stop recording after 40-50 minutes. And how to use this method if the phone doesn't have aux port?
Jenghisbeat

Postby R00tsprovisionah » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:03 pm

Hi, I just opened a ticket regarding this same issue. I use a Faiphone 4 (Android 11). I am not able to do the described workaround since my phone does not have a 3,5mm audio port. So I really hope they will come up with a solution. Anyway if there is a solution already out there, thanks for letting me know.
R00tsprovisionah

Postby Delval@1 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:24 pm

Hi,

Still same issue today with Android 12.
Support wrote me today that there is "no timeline" with a fix for this 3 year old issue... :/

Let's hope IKI will implement a quick solution for the thousands of Android customers, because without stereo recording, Irig stream is not an usable product :/

BD
Delval@1

Return to Android Apps & Accessories