Irig 2 and Amplitube

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of Android music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Irig 2 and Amplitube

Postby Silvietta79 » Mon May 06, 2019 2:58 pm

Hi guys,
I bought an Irig2 hoping I would be able to use it on my android phone together with AMPLITUBE app.
Unfortunately in the playstore I cannot find Amplitube for the IRig2 to download, only Amplitube UA. Is there another way I can get the app on my phone?
Thanks in advance!
Silvietta79

Re: Irig 2 and Amplitube

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 06, 2019 5:05 pm

Hi, please see this post for more information about Samsung removing SAPA from Andorid OS: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=21180&p=91294#p91294

It has been reported by users that Samsung has removed SAPA (Samsung Pro Audio) support for the latest version of Android (Pie - Android 9.0). While we are looking into updating our apps for use without SAPA, this unfortunately, is not under IK Multimedia control and this will make your devices running Android 9.0 incompatible with AmpliTube for SAPA.

Do note, any devices which still utilize SAPA can still run AmpliTube for SAPA without issue.

Do note, your iRig will still be compatible with your Android device. This issue would solely be due to compatibility with the AmpliTube for SAPA app. Please feel free to use any apps which allow for headset or digital audio input. For example, the Audio Evolution DAW, ToneBridge, Deplike iRig Recorder 3 LE, or n-Track DAW apps. These apps can be found on the Google Play store.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Android Apps & Accessories