Amplitube and Android OS Pie

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of Android music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Amplitube and Android OS Pie

Postby Boogle75 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:48 pm

Hi guys!

Can anyone help me? Been using the amplitube on my Samsung Note 4 and now on my Samsung Note 8. When my phone ugraded to Android OS Pie, I can no longer use it. Once I tap on the app, a prompt will appear informing that amplitube works on lollipop os and higher. When I press "cancel", I'm redirected to my home screen. How do i fix it? Thanks!
Boogle75

Re: Amplitube and Android OS Pie

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:06 pm

Hello Boogle75,

Thanks for reaching out.

It has been reported by users that Samsung has removed SAPA (Samsung Pro Audio) support for the latest version of Android (Pie - Android 9.0). While we are looking into updating our apps for use without SAPA, this unfortunately, is not under IK Multimedia control and this will make your devices running Android 9.0 incompatible with AmpliTube for SAPA.

Do note, any devices which still utilize SAPA can still run AmpliTube for SAPA without issue.

Do note, your iRig will still be compatible with your Android device. This issue would solely be due to compatibility with the AmpliTube for SAPA app. Please feel free to use any apps which allow for headset or digital audio input. For example, the Audio Evolution DAW, ToneBridge, Deplike iRig Recorder 3 LE, or n-Track DAW apps. These apps can be found on the Google Play store.

For refunds on any items on the Google Play Store, reach out to IK Multimedia support at this link below.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

For refunds of any Samsung Galaxy Apps, please contact Samsung Galaxy App support at the link provided below.

http://help.content.samsung.com/csweb/main/main.do
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Android Apps & Accessories