iRig Recorder 3 and iRig Pro Duo

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of Android music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig Recorder 3 and iRig Pro Duo

Postby philmartins » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:30 pm

Hi there,
First I already opened a ticket to support but I wanted to see if I am the only one to face this issue.

Problem: not possible to record a movie with stereo sound using the iRig Pro Duo with the iRig Recorder 3.

I used my macbook air headphone jack, then a stereo cable mini jack to double mono jacks (one for left, one for right) into the irig pro duo.

The leds on the soundcard are flashing ok.

The irig recorder 3 finds the audio card but takes only one channel.

I found that when playing with the balance in the mac settings. The irig soundcard reacts correctly (so it is not my cables and I use the same with iPhone and it works) but if I put the balance on one channel (do not remember if left or right), I end with no sound being recorded.

Am I the only one trying to record a movie with a stereo input on Android?

For my recordings I still use my old iPhone 7 with Filmic Pro app .. and there it works in stereo perfectly.

I bought the cable from IK Multimedia (quite expensive) in order to be able to connect my android phone (Huwaei P30 Pro) but in the end it is not working at all...

I tried the Filmic Pro app on Android and there the audio is recorded in stereo but with cracks and noises and it seems not be their high priority to fix audio ...

I was hoping that iRig Recorder 3 will solve my issue but definitely it is not ...

Anyone find an app working to record stereo sound from usb on Android?

Looks like iOs is still in advance on this ...

Thanks for all input
philmartins

Re: iRig Recorder 3 and iRig Pro Duo

Postby philmartins » Wed May 01, 2019 9:20 am

Just a feedback from the support I got ...

I have been to told to use another software ... which was in fact just a multi-track recorder (so nothing to do with video recording).

Then I have been told to use... iRig Recorder 3. :) The loop is closed ahahaha.

I asked if it was a robot answering me, the answer was that I did not indicate 3 when talking about my initial issue with their software...

I talked also about my experience with Filmic Pro. In the end, there is no solution now for recording video with their iRig Pro Duo under android ... which is a bit shameless considering this product is not new (I could understand if it was just released).

Should you need to record video with usb audio in stereo, you better go with iOS ...

:(
philmartins

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed May 01, 2019 7:33 pm

Hey philmartins,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear of your overall experience getting started with the iRig Pro Duo on Android. While am I looking into your ticket and what happened here, let's see how I can help get you going.

Now, on Android we do offer iRig Recorder 3. This would offer both digital audio input and stereo recording capabilities.

Download this here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... 3&hl=en_US

After you launch the app, and you allow access to the iRig Pro Duo, use the COG WHEEL in the lower left hand corner to enter the Recording Settings. Inside this page you can switch between the connected inputs. This will change from any inputs connected. With the iRig Pro Duo you will have Input 1 (Mono), Input 2 (Mono), Mono summed (Input 1 and 2 in combined to a Mono image), and Stereo (Input 1 on the left and Input 2 on the right).

The app Filmic Pro is also a great app, but unfortunately, as you mention their priority was not audio recording. We focused more closely on audio, but we did use the default Android audio system, so performance will depend on the device being used.

I hope this information helps. If you need any additional help, please feel free to reply here, shoot me a PM or email me at rswannick@ikmultimedia.com
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby philmartins » Wed May 01, 2019 10:08 pm

Hi Ryan!

It works now!

Yes it definitely helps!

Thanks I was not aware that we can change the input by touching on it!!!

I was endly able to record a video with stereo usb!

Victory!!!!

This is a big step for me!

Is there a way to export the video created in the gallery directly? instead of having to go to music/irig folder?

Thanks again
philmartins

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed May 01, 2019 10:49 pm

Glad to hear everything is working :D

When you export/share files, you can select different methods. Depending on your installed apps, you will see different options. Now, I don't believe that "Gallery" is an option, but there should be a variety of different app options.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Android Apps & Accessories