iRig UA vs iRig HD-A

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of Android music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig UA vs iRig HD-A

Postby hmoulding » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:12 pm

I can't find any reason why there are two iRig products, both supposedly for Android, and both supposedly work with AmpliTube.

Can someone explain or point at the relevant information? Maybe a side-by-side product comparison?
hmoulding

Re: iRig UA vs iRig HD-A

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:22 pm

iRig UA is an interface with on-board DSP on which the AmpliTube UA application runs (it does not do the amp sim processing on your Android device). This allows for low-latency audio processing on Android devices that do not support Samsung Pro Audio.

iRig HD-A is an audio interface to plug your guitar/bass into for your Android device and you'd use the Android version of AmpliTube either from the Google Play Store or the Galaxy Store. This interface would be recommended for devices that support Samsung Pro Audio so you can run AmpliTube with low latency. Devices that do not support Samsung Pro Audio should use iRig UA + AmpliTube UA.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hmoulding » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:36 pm

Fantastic! That's what I needed to know. Thanks!
hmoulding

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:32 pm

hmoulding wrote:Fantastic! That's what I needed to know. Thanks!

You're welcome!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Android Apps & Accessories