iRig Pro I/O with Samsung S8

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of Android music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig Pro I/O with Samsung S8

Postby moerby » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:27 am

I'm having a really tough time trying to connect my iRig Pro I/O to my Samsung Galaxy S8. Has anyone been able to do this successfully? I contacted support which suggested different OTG adapters but that didn't help.

So basically, I installed Amplitube Free for Samsung Pro Audio. I then open the app and plug in the iRig Pro I/O. The app briefly displays "USB Audio" and one of the lights on the iRig Pro I/O turns blue. In the notification area I can see that Samsung Professional Audio is running. However, nothing else happens! If I strum my guitar the light stays blue and no audio comes out of the headphones plugged into the iRig Pro I/O (or anywhere else for that matter). Also, I don't see any of the levels in the app moving up/down to indicate that sound is coming in.

Any ideas?
moerby

Re: iRig Pro I/O with Samsung S8

Postby Penumbral_Ecliptic » Tue May 01, 2018 12:20 pm

Identical problem for me. Same gear as you, except Note 8.
No combination of cables/adapters work, and I've ordered and tried lots of each, branded and cheap.

Surely IK make/need to make a dedicated mini-DIN to USB-C, given the rise of USB-C on modern phones etc.

Similar query on multiple threads now, IK - any response?
Penumbral_Ecliptic

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 01, 2018 12:37 pm

This is a user-to-user forum and for general announcements/info about IK or from IK. I've relayed your request but also please note that there is a USB-C to Micro-USB cable available which is compatible with many iRig accessories available at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/spareparts at this time.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby moerby » Wed May 02, 2018 7:58 pm

Penumbral_Ecliptic wrote:Identical problem for me. Same gear as you, except Note 8.
No combination of cables/adapters work, and I've ordered and tried lots of each, branded and cheap.

Surely IK make/need to make a dedicated mini-DIN to USB-C, given the rise of USB-C on modern phones etc.

I doubt a cable will solve the problem to be honest. I think there is a software compatibility issue between the IK Android apps and the latest versions of Samsung Pro Audio. IK should get a hold of one of the newer Samsung models to test compatibility. What may have worked in the past is definitely not working anymore.
moerby

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 02, 2018 8:03 pm

moerby wrote:
Penumbral_Ecliptic wrote:Identical problem for me. Same gear as you, except Note 8.

I doubt a cable will solve the problem to be honest. I think there is a software compatibility issue between the IK Android apps and the latest versions of Samsung Pro Audio. IK should get a hold of one of the newer Samsung models to test compatibility. What may have worked in the past is definitely not working anymore.

We do test our apps. If you have an issue, IK Support would be happy to assist you directly at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby moerby » Wed May 02, 2018 8:13 pm

Already did. Went back-and-forth with support for a couple of weeks to no avail. Even bought the exact same USB-C adapter suggested by the support desk. I also reset my S8 to factory, then installed only the necessary Android apps direct from the Samsung app store. No luck.
moerby

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 02, 2018 8:17 pm

moerby wrote:Already did. Went back-and-forth with support for a couple of weeks to no avail. Even bought the exact same USB-C adapter suggested by the support desk. I also reset my S8 to factory, then installed only the necessary Android apps direct from the Samsung app store. No luck.

Please continue to let Support know the suggestions haven't worked and they will continue to assist you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby CoalitionRadio0714 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:41 am

I am having this problem .. Sweetwater never mentioned this to me when buying, despite describing my configuration. Any updates? Note S8, yet doesn't work with the IRIG

Help!
CoalitionRadio0714

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:22 pm

CoalitionRadio0714 wrote:I am having this problem .. Sweetwater never mentioned this to me when buying, despite describing my configuration. Any updates? Note S8, yet doesn't work with the IRIG

Help!

If your iRig Pro I/O is not working and your device/setup meets the Specs at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... hp?p=specs please contact IK Support and they will be happy to assist you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Android Apps & Accessories