iRig Stream issue with Android

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of Android music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig Stream issue with Android

Postby Zptoth2022 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:15 pm

Hi All,

I experience issues with an iRig Stream with Android.
The device is connected to a Oneplus 7T Pro phone using the iRig USB-C cable.
The phone has Andoid 11 on it.
An audio source is connected to the RCA input of the iRig device.
I can hear the audio if I connect headphones to the iRig device and I can even control the volume using the volume level knob on the iRig.
So far good, however the Singal indicator led always remains Low (Blue) on the iRig, no matter how I increase volume either on the input source or on the iRig, using the volume level knob.
Besides this, none of the recording applications seem to pick up the signal from the iRig.
They only record audio from the phone's mic, regardless of setting them to use an external source.
I have tried this both with the iRig recorder app and the Open Camera app that is recommended in forums.

Any idea? What do I do wrong?

Thanks,
Zptoth2022
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:34 pm

Re: iRig Stream issue with Android

Postby Rickymccarthy1 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:58 pm

I'm having the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S22+ . I tried USB diagnostics on my phone, I installed Dolby On software my phone but that is also not recording from the iRig stream. It's as though the phone doesn't recognise the iRig as an input device. Have you had any luck since posting this query ?
Rickymccarthy1
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:28 pm

Re: iRig Stream issue with Android

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:29 pm

Sorry to hear you are having a problem. I'm not sure what would cause this but the IK Support team would be happy to provide direct and official technical support to help resolve your issue. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 18741
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: iRig Stream issue with Android

Postby indigodeville » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:37 pm

Any luck guys? Just bought and received mine. I am also having exactly the same problem as described above with my VIVO V23. Try it on 3 others android phones, with same results: NOT WORKING on Oppo Reno 5, Samsung S22, and another Samsung phone. It only works on my old android phone Realme 5 Pro.
indigodeville
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:15 pm

Re: iRig Stream issue with Android

Postby Rickymccarthy1 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:00 pm

No luck yet. I checked the iRig stream app info and it was last updated in 2019. Android has moved on a lot since 2019. Why have there been no new updates ???
I've also been getting help from Samsung support and nothing works . They suggested a factory reset of the phone but I'm not sure I'm willing to do that.
Rickymccarthy1
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:28 pm

Re: iRig Stream issue with Android

Postby battrprizsd1 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:33 am

Just bought mine and got it. I have the same problem with my VIVO V23 as was described above. Try it on three other Android phones, and you'll get the same results: The Oppo Reno 5, Samsung S22, and another Samsung phone DO NOT WORK. Only my old Android phone, Realme 5 Pro, can use itbackrooms game
battrprizsd1
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:32 am

Re: iRig Stream issue with Android

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:54 pm

Sorry to hear, but I have the same advice as above - please contact IK's support team who can assist you directly. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support Thank you
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 18741
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: iRig Stream issue with Android

Postby Rickymccarthy1 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:12 pm

I've all but given up hope that I can get the iRig Stream to work with Android. Has anyone got this to work ?
Rickymccarthy1
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:28 pm

Re: iRig Stream issue with Android

Postby Klmclem » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:43 pm

I think i got same issue here: this device does not work properly on androïd 12. (Various bugs, i must plug a headset in my phone and unplug it to get the stereo inputs, then record and erase to get vu-meters....) Can we have a future update?
Or, a video FROM YOU showing a fully working Irig Stream on recent androîd?

PLEAAAASE !
Klmclem
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:42 pm

Re: iRig Stream issue with Android

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:06 pm

for the two comments above:
Peter_IK wrote:Sorry to hear, but I have the same advice as above - please contact IK's support team who can assist you directly. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support Thank you
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 18741
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: iRig Stream issue with Android

Postby Klmclem » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:31 pm

Peter_IK wrote:for the two comments above:
Peter_IK wrote:Sorry to hear, but I have the same advice as above - please contact IK's support team who can assist you directly. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support Thank you


Unfortunately, the teams are aware of issues with androïd , and only workarounds are advised , giving buggy and unsure results...
And no timeline given...
Can you tell us , or reach someone who can, if the androïd support is aborted for good or if we can.hope for a fix?

Thank you!
Klmclem
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:42 pm

Re: iRig Stream issue with Android

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:46 pm

Klmclem wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:for the two comments above:
Peter_IK wrote:Sorry to hear, but I have the same advice as above - please contact IK's support team who can assist you directly. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support Thank you


Unfortunately, the teams are aware of issues with androïd , and only workarounds are advised , giving buggy and unsure results...
And no timeline given...
Can you tell us , or reach someone who can, if the androïd support is aborted for good or if we can.hope for a fix?

Thank you!

Support can provide any information on the topics you mention, if they have it. No forum moderator/admin nor user will be able to.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 18741
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: iRig Stream issue with Android

Postby Klmclem » Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:49 am

Thank you for your answer!
I tried via the support link, wait and see ! :)
Klmclem
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:42 pm


Return to Android Apps & Accessories