iRig Pre HD not compatible with new S21

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of Android music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig Pre HD not compatible with new S21

Postby manuelaS-7 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:34 pm

Hi there,

got my new S21 Ultra yesterday from Samsung.. and had to find out that I can´t use my iRig Pre HD with it :cry:
There is a very loud noise when you start recording.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve it? Another cable? Any software?
manuelaS-7

Re: iRig Pre HD not compatible with new S21

Postby Guitarslaverob86 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:00 pm

I just got the irig 2 for my samsung galaxy s21. I experienced a similar thing. I bought an adaptor to give my phone a headphone trrs jack through the usb-c. When I first hooked up irig 2 I hooked up my phone and it appeared to not work.... but then I thought about how weird digital audio can be so I decided to try plugging my trrs earbuds that I had from my old phone into the irig 2's headphone output. It worked like a charm. I then thought I'd try to hook the headphone out from irig to my PC monitors with a standard AUX cable and no luck...it kept making a loud pop over and over. I realized it was because my phone didn't know weather to treat the usb-c input as a charger or for audio. My fix for this is when I go to record, I plug in my old earbuds... once it's established that my phone recognizes it as a sound input (you can look at your pro video camera settings to see this) then I unplug my earbuds and plug in my speakers and it works perfectly until I disconnect and reconnect the usb-c. May not be the perfect solution but it works great for what I'll be using it for. I do think it's more a samsung software problem rather than an irig 2 issue. Good luck!

Cheers.
Guitarslaverob86

Return to Android Apps & Accessories