IRig Pro Duo I/O and Samnsug S8+ HUGE Static

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of Android music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

IRig Pro Duo I/O and Samnsug S8+ HUGE Static

Postby Michael1197 » Sat May 23, 2020 3:23 pm

I just received my IIrig DUO Pro I/O and have connected it to my Samsung Galaxy S8+ with the supplied mini DIN to USB C connector.

I'm outputtung Tidal music from my MacBook Pro laptop via 1/8th in TRS cable to 1/8th in TRS cable with a 1/4" TRS adaptor to plug into the DUO.

When I connect this setup to my phone the blue lights illuminate on the DUO, so it's powered up.

When I attempt to Livestream on Instagram I see the signal is coming into the DUO and can change the gain levels and see the lights change color, but I hear an awful static. When I attempt to play into a sound recorder on my phone same thing- I see the gain is working and the signal is coming through butI hear the same static. No music art all in either case.

In both instances, when I plug in my headphones to the jack of the DUO I hear the music fine.

My phone is running Android 9 version and is OTG capable from what I've read. Does this supplied cable NOT work with my phone and I need a new adaptor? Or have I done something wrong?

I have opened a ticket with support but wanted to try here too.

EDIT: I tried the app Easy OTG checker and it immediately recognized the DUO, and I tried a XLR mic (dynamic- no 48v power needed) and it TOO made the horrible static noise.

Is there an app I need on my phone for this to work?

EDIT 2: I downloaded the irig recorder 3 and can record perfectly from the duo into that running that setup- headphone out from MacBook Pro to 1/4" jack on Duo. So my phone will definitely take in usb audio.

Edit 3: did a full system partition wipe with Samsung, cleared the cache for IG and FB and still the loud static. Tried the workaround IK has given for iOS devices- have irig recorder 3 running in background recording, setting to background audio 'on', then the static is not present in my FB live stream, but there is no audio whatsoever.
Michael1197

Return to Android Apps & Accessories