EXTENDED (SEP 30) & NEW TIERS ADDED: Pick & Mix Group Buy

Get the best deal on IK products here! We'll post our current special offers here for you. Check back often!

Re: EXTENDED (SEP 30) & NEW TIERS ADDED: Pick & Mix Group B

Postby jacknapier » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:15 am

jeffthall wrote:I think maybe you don't understand my question. That is the T-RackS 5 product page. Yes, it says that T-RackS 5 runs as standalone or as AU, AAX, VST.. That is not what I'm asking. Again, I'm asking can individual effects run outside of the T-Racks plugin as AU, AAX, VST plugins? On their own, no T-Racks.

I did understand. I'm sure the answer is yes. What would be the point of making them as vst if they ran in T-Racks only. T-Rack standalone is pretty much a mastering software that add benfits you won't get if you use the plugins in your daw.

Look i was just watching this video where you see a T-Tacks EQ run in Logic Pro. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-keFBCqYCw
jacknapier

Postby jeffthall » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:30 am

Ok, cool. I don't what the point would be, but it is a little confusing and since I am unfamiliar with this line and they call them T-Racks plugins, and you sent me to the T-RACK 5 product page which talks strictly about the T-Rack 5 plugin being stand alone or AU, AAX etc (not the individual plugs)... And when I go to for instance the T-Racks Leslie page under the specs it says - Works within the T-RackS CS Standalone application and under system requirements it says - T-RackS 5 is a 64-bit application and requires a 64 bit CPU and Operating System.

It's just not very clear, but the vid you linked shows they do so I guess it's all good.

Thanks
jeffthall

Postby jacknapier » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:36 am

jeffthall wrote:Ok, cool. I don't what the point would be, but it is a little confusing and since I am unfamiliar with this line and they call them T-Racks plugins, and you sent me to the T-RACK 5 product page which talks strictly about the T-Rack 5 plugin being stand alone or AU, AAX etc (not the individual plugs)... And when I go to for instance the T-Racks Leslie page under the specs it says - Works within the T-RackS CS Standalone application and under system requirements it says - T-RackS 5 is a 64-bit application and requires a 64 bit CPU and Operating System.

It's just not very clear, but the vid you linked shows they do so I guess it's all good.

Thanks

Don't worry i know it can get confusing. But they're basically all plugins. The T-Rack standalone software which is a wrapper a believe is just a bonus with more options like i said earlier.
jacknapier

Postby The_Rocker » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:52 am

jacknapier wrote:
I think they do a decent job with mic emulation. Its my favorite feature in Amplitube. Didn't know they offer it as a separate plug now.

I've found this comment above on a music forum regarding Mic Room plugin, does that mean Mic Room is included in AmpliTube? Or that AmpliTube has Room impulses or something etc?

Thanks.

P.S. Happy birthday The_Rocker. And it is a great group buy indeed.

I'd have to see it in context. But,,, Might not be the Mic Room plugin actually. It may have been about the ability to change Cab mics in Amp4... And then thinking it is the Mic Room plugin.
The Mic Room is a processor in TRacks
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trmicroom/?pkey=t-racks-single-mic-room

For using IR's with Amp 4, you'd have to have an IR loader w IR's, Run Amp 4 into it(after Amp4), with the Cab(s) turned off.

Thanks for the birthday wish lol :o :mrgreen:
The_Rocker

Postby jacknapier » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:05 am

Yea i figured it's more than likely it's not the same. They sure don't look the same.
Mic Room is my 9th bonus in the $79 bracket then. I feel like it's my birthday as well! 8-)
jacknapier

Postby The_Rocker » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:40 am

Correct, They are actually 2 different products.
The one in Amp 4 can only be used within itself. (Though, you could use it for vocals also, on a mic track instead of guitar track.)

The Mic room can be accessed through TRacks. It basically uses IR's that we can change a mic tone, with another tone from the Mic selection. Know the different mic frequency responses lets you decide what Mic replacement would better fit the vocal(or sound). (Though you could run it after a guitar track, instead of a vocal track)

Just tonal and some what space change...

T Hing with the Mic Room to me is, the mics we use to record would be from a wide variety. SO the mic in mic room will sound different considering the mic that was actually used for the track. Still I know a couple people that swear by it, for their vocals, recording with their SM57 mic.

Eh, it's all about the sound, and Mic room is another option.

Kind of like the Leslie plugins. Each is more ideal if used for recording the instrument it was meant for, as their intended environment was needed during the creating of the plugin.

Creativity should know no bounds. Which means try it, no one will be injured, not even the plugins, lol ;)
The_Rocker

Postby jacknapier » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:51 am

Yea i took cause i figured i could use it as a tone shaper. I'm not naive enough to think my $200 mic with suddenly sound like a $6000 mic. ;) But who know maybe I'll get a surprised. But I'm sure it'll be useful for tone shaping.
jacknapier

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:55 am

Let's see if I can clarify things:

AmpliTube 4
-- AmpliTube 4 is the generic name for this range of products.
-- You get a standalone program and a plug-in (in various plug-in formats, you can select which format you want to install).
-- The program and plug-ins are 64-bit only.
-- Any of these will load various gear models (stomp pedals, amps, cabs, Fx etc).
-- Each AmpliTube product comes with a selection of gear models.
-- Any you can buy additional gear models, individually or in Collections.
-- AmpliTube has a "Cab Room" in the signal processing chain, with Cabinet, Speaker and Mic selection (and Mic placement).

T-RackS 5
-- T-RackS 5 is the generic name for this range of products
-- You get a standalone program, a "TR5 Suite" plug-in and one or more "processor modules" plug-ins (in various plug-in formats, you can select which format you want to install).
-- The Standalone program and the TR5 Suite plug-in can load one or more processor modules in a chain.
-- Each T-RackS 5 product comes with a selection of processor modules.
-- And you can buy additional processor modules.
-- The TR5 Suite plug-in can be loaded into a DAW or other plug-in host.
-- The processor modules can also be loaded individually into a DAW or other plug-in host.
-- If you have bought a T-Racks 5 product (T-RackS 5, T-RackS 5 Deluxe or T-RackS 5 Max) then the processor modules, when loaded as individual plug-ins, can be resized.

And, finally, here are TR5 Leslie and TR5 Mic Room loaded as individual plug-ins in a DAW and also as processor modules into the TR5 Suite plug-in!

Image >>> https://i.imgur.com/Abjyp06.png
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby The_Rocker » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:33 pm

DarkStar wrote:Let's see if I can clarify things:

AmpliTube 4
-- AmpliTube 4 is the generic name for this range of products.
-- You get a standalone program and a plug-in (in various plug-in formats, you can select which format you want to install).
-- Any of these will load various gear models (stomp pedals, amps, cabs, Fx etc).
-- Each AmpliTube product comes with a selection of gear models.
-- Any you can buy additional gear models, individually or in Collections.
-- AmpliTube has a "Cab Room" in the signal processing chain, with Cabinet, Speaker and Mic selection (and Mic placement).

T-RackS 5
-- T-RackS 5 is the generic name for this range of products
-- You get a standalone program, a "TR5 Suite" plug-in and one or more "processor modules" plug-ins (in various plug-in formats, you can select which format you want to install).
-- The Standalone program and the TR5 Suite plug-in can load one or more processor modules in a chain.
-- Each T-RackS 5 product comes with a selection of processor modules.
-- And you can buy additional processor modules.
-- The TR5 Suite plug-in can be loaded into a DAW or other plug-in host.
-- The processor modules can also be loaded individually into a DAW or other plug-in host.
-- If you have bought a T-Racks 5 product (T-RackS 5, T-RackS 5 Deluxe or T-RackS 5 Max) then the processor modules, when loaded as individual plug-ins, can be resized.

And, finally, here are TR5 Leslie and TR5 Mic Room loaded as individual plug-ins in a DAW and also as processor modules into the TR5 Suite plug-in!

Image >>> https://i.imgur.com/Abjyp06.png

Well said, and thank you DarkStar
The_Rocker

Postby jacknapier » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:39 am

Didn't realize we could load the suite as a plugin. 8-) Thank you DarkStar.

I did contact support and ask to exchange my plugins. I hope this works.
jacknapier

Postby jeffthall » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:16 pm

Hi Guys,

Is anyone else experiencing trouble visiting the IK site? For 2 days it will not load here. I managed to get here to the forum by goggling IK forum and using a link from there, but any other saved bookmarks or links from searches that go to the main IK site will not load. I've tried from my desktop, iPad and phone using Safari and Chrome. My internet connection is fine and all other websites load normally. Once in 10 tries I might get it to load, but sometimes it doesn't load the whole page, or if it does then clicking on a product link doesn't work and it just seizes up...

I've also tried from the the link at top of this page with no luck.

Really strange....
jeffthall

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:20 pm

jeffthall wrote:Hi Guys,

Is anyone else experiencing trouble visiting the IK site? For 2 days it will not load here. I managed to get here to the forum by goggling IK forum and using a link from there, but any other saved bookmarks or links from searches that go to the main IK site will not load. I've tried from my desktop, iPad and phone using Safari and Chrome. My internet connection is fine and all other websites load normally. Once in 10 tries I might get it to load, but sometimes it doesn't load the whole page, or if it does then clicking on a product link doesn't work and it just seizes up...

Really strange....

I don't see issues (and I'm outside of any IK office right now) and I usually use this site to be 100% sure and it says we're fully up https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ikmultimedia.com

You may want to check a traceroute which could show where there are issues between you and the IK site, perhaps?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:21 pm

On another note, for those on the fence about AXE I/O for an entry point: MusicRadar ranks AXE I/O the best guitar audio interface right now.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jeffthall » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:31 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
jeffthall wrote:Hi Guys,

Really strange....

I don't see issues (and I'm outside of any IK office right now) and I usually use this site to be 100% sure and it says we're fully up https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ikmultimedia.com

You may want to check a traceroute which could show where there are issues between you and the IK site, perhaps?

Thanks Peter -

I clicked the link you gave and see that it says it's just me, I tried the link from that page to the IK site and that didn't work either. I dont know what a traceroute is.... I cleared the caches from my browsers, quit the browsers and reopened, tried again on multiple devices and the site either doesn't load at all or loads partially and or won't load subsequent pages on the site.

It's so frustrating cause I'm wanting to see about the group buy and maybe make a purchase.
jeffthall

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:32 pm

jeffthall wrote:Thanks Peter -

I clicked the link you gave and see that it says it's just me, I tried the link from that page to the IK site and that didn't work either. I dont know what a traceroute is.... I cleared the caches from my browsers, quit the browsers and reopened, tried again on multiple devices and the site either doesn't load at all or loads partially and or won't load subsequent pages on the site.

It's so frustrating cause I'm wanting to see about the group buy and maybe make a purchase.

In that case I'd suggest inquiring with IK Support who can do more detailed troubleshooting.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to Special Offers