Here (Take Offence) - new track.

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Here (Take Offence) - new track.

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:14 pm

Hi all,

Here’s a new one. May be a bit of an acquired taste ( :? ) but it’s the first track I’ve worked on with a significant change to my monitoring so mostly hoping the sounds/mix are no worse than what you’re used to from me.

Any feedback appreciated.

Have a good one! 8-)
Michael

mklankin@hotmail.com

Re: Here (Take Offence) - new track.

Postby veno_mk._1 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:47 pm

Hey Michael,

Loving this new track! It's got this 90's alternative rock vibe to it, kinda like Smashing Pumpkins and/or Radiohead.

I don't notice anything wrong with the mix. To me, it sounds like your monitoring setup improved from the previous tracks. You can probably hear everything much clearly now. The mix is very natural and not super processed, it's perfect for this track.

Good job Michael! Looking forward to more.

--Steve
"Dancing is forbidden." -Master Shake
veno_mk._1

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:29 am

Thanks, Steve, for the quick feedback.

Yeah, my music setup is far from ideal so I decided to get the ARC4 Studio to help correct my room. Definitely helped to address the room’s shortcomings and things do sound clearer and more “true” but, obviously, took a bit of getting used to. So, this was the first track to pilot this significant change & I’m glad to hear the mix is no worse than tracks before….hopefully they’ll continue to improve with time.

If you enjoyed the actual track I’ll take that as a big bonus!

Thanks for the support, man, and take care! :D
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby danwilson5 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:59 pm

Hi Michael,

I dig the track (2 thumbs up) and I agree with Steve, I can hear everything in the mix and it sounds balanced. Looking forward to future mixes as you become comfortable with the ARC 4 Studio.

Dan
danwilson5

Postby CrazySchmidt » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:13 am

Hey Michael, how ya doing buddy.

Firstly, I just want to reiterate how much I dig your eclectic writing style, always so much to listen for and enjoy when listening to one of your tracks, I really dig that. 8-)

The mix and production are excellent as always (you know how much I dig your productions), but I feel that the bass is quite muddy on this one, which is actually very rare for you, you have one of the best bass tones I get to hear on this forum and I am always envious of it.

Perhaps I'm bass sensitive at the moment as I commented and Dan's latest one as well about the bass :lol:, also, I'm never happy with own stuff when it comes to bass tone.

Anyway, just trying to be honest because that is the feedback we all want in this forum.

Looking forward to the next one bro.

Cheers, CS. :)
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:55 pm

Hey CS,

Thanks for the listen and feedback. I’ve listened back and agree….the bass guitar doesn’t have as much definition as it could - so not a bass-sensitive moment in my case. :oops:

I’ve circled back and made some adjustments to give ‘er more clarity and edge…..so now you can hear my awesome bass-playing better! :lol:

Anyhow, super chuffed to hear you’re still enjoying what I’m putting out and hope you do find this mix better. :D

I'll keep the old version active for a little while but will eventually remove it in place of this one as I only have so many tracks via SoundCloud. :roll:

Many thanks for highlighting!
Michael

mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby Riff_Lovely » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:09 pm

Mihael, great arrangement, the production is top for me. I would single out the outro in particular, I really like how the song ends.
Riff_Lovely

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:07 pm

Hey Riff,

Thanks for the listen and the feedback - I always appreciate hearing from you. ;)

I’m glad you enjoyed this one and hoped you listen to the revised bass version (thanks to CS).

I like big outros…and I cannot lie. :lol:
But seriously, I do try to have a compelling outro when the song affords it, so I’m glad this one hit the mark for you.

Thanks again & are you working on something to post soon? Would love to hear what you’ve got for us next!
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby Riff_Lovely » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:53 pm

mklankin@hotmail.com wrote:Thanks again & are you working on something to post soon? Would love to hear what you’ve got for us next!
Michael

Hey Michael
I'm working a little bit on new songs. Normally I write as it comes to me at first, but now I will deal with the options and try to refine them a bit, maybe look for another option for the song. I used to not touch the song and play it as it came to me from the first one, but now I'm going to change my approach a bit. I bought mini keyboards mainly for drums because they have drum pads, to add some dynamics to the song, because otherwise I use ready-made rhythms, so it adds a bit of monotony to the song, they just serve to give me a rhythm. It's harder than I thought to play the drum on the drum pad. When I master the technique a bit, I release it to the public, :)
Riff_Lovely

Return to The Jam Session