Ain’t That Something - a rock song, FINALLY!

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Ain’t That Something - a rock song, FINALLY!

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:54 pm

Hi all,

Well, here’s a rock tune for a change (here you go, Riff_Lovely, finally!). :oops:

The song is actually about 7 years old, was a demo without lyrics but I thought it was time and worthy enough to take it out of park, re-tool it and get a bow on it.

It’s a straight-ahead rock tune that probably should’ve been released in the mid-to-late 70’s, vibe-wise —— V8 muscle cars, leaded gas, when stubbies were the norm - at least in Canada, eh?!? 8-)

IK stuff used includes:
AT5 & TONEX
TR5 (Fame and Sunset Sound Studios, The Farm, Plate rev, 440 Tape m/c, Dyna-Mu, Stealth Limiter)
Hammond B-3X

Hope you get a chance to listen and might enjoy. It’s under 3:00 so not too much to invest!

Also, a shout-out to CS for providing some excellent feedback that I tried to incorporate - hope I hit the mark…many thanks, my man! :D

Take care,
Michael

mklankin@hotmail.com

Re: Ain’t That Something - a rock song, FINALLY!

Postby Riff_Lovely » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:31 pm

Hey Michael, I couldn't log in to the forum for a couple of days, so I couldn't reply (probably their server went down, I don't know)." Ain t that something" that's quite something. What a great song and excellent production. It was worth the wait.I was waiting for it when it was already announced and welcomed it He really grab it from the first second. Well done man, well done.

P.S. I won't listen to your songs again before I put mine on the forum. Afterwards, mine sound like crap to me. :)
Riff_Lovely

Postby Riff_Lovely » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:39 pm

P.P.S.
I forgot to mention the brutal solo :shock:
Riff_Lovely

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:10 pm

Hey Riff,

Thanks for the quick listen and feedback, really glad u enjoyed it, I owed you one! :lol:

Nope, I wouldn’t change what you’re doing, man. You have some really good ideas and I’m always keen to press play when you’ve posted something. We all are gonna have different sounds and a good song idea will shine through regardless of the production value. :D

Glad to hear it wasn’t just me that couldn’t log into the Forum recently….and that it seems to be resolved. :oops:

All the best and thanks for the support!!!
Michael

PS - also, thanks for the thumbs up regarding the solo and I accidentally replied this to your last track. My bad. :(
mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby CrazySchmidt » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:16 am

Hey heavy rocker, watcha got going on?

Apparently a hard rocking song, that you have crafted with your usual and meticulous production techniques to create a new classic hard rocking vibe.

I dig this man, I really do. It's not your usual flavor, but it sure is tasty, and it's something I want a piece of, I dig it!!

Great track brother, well done!!

CS. :)
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:23 pm

Hey CS,

Thanks for the support and feedback on this one! 8-)

Glad u dig it! We'll see if another rock tune is destined for 2024. :lol:
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby CrazySchmidt » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:47 am

mklankin@hotmail.com wrote:We'll see if another rock tune is destined for 2024. :lol:

Let's hope so dude!! 8-)

CS. :)
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Return to The Jam Session