Paint Bomb - Blinding Lights (The Weeknd Cover)

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Paint Bomb - Blinding Lights (The Weeknd Cover)

Postby veno_mk._1 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:39 pm

Hey Y'all! We got a new cover ready!

This time we covered Blinding Lights by The Weeknd. As per usual, I mixed and mastered this baby using IK Multimedia Plugins.

Here's what I used:

-TONEX Max (Software Only)
    -T-Rack 5 Max (Including The Farm Stone Room, JC Vocal Strip, Tape Machine Collection, etc.)
    -ARC 3
    -Mixbox
    -Bionic Drums (For Drum Sampling)
    -Syntronik 1 Deluxe + Syntronik 2 SE

You can find our cover on all streaming services here.

There was a lot of new stuff that I used in this one! Using Syntronik was something that I never done before. I wanted to capture the synth-wavy sound of the original while blending in our style. I'd say that I think I did a pretty good job! There were a few default presets that actually sounded like it came from the original! Mixing them was pretty ok, they were already mix ready so not a lot of processing was involved.

As for what I think about TONEX, I think that it's a really awesome amp simulator! The guitar and bass tones sound more mix ready than Amplitube 5. I think that the AI modelling does a really great job at replicating the original amp tone. That's just my opinion though!

The video we had planned on doing was gonna look way more cooler than this. We had a lot of great ideas but we couldn't record them because of technical issues lol.

Thank you so much for listening! We still more to come!

--Steve
"Dancing is forbidden." -Master Shake
veno_mk._1

Re: Paint Bomb - Blinding Lights (The Weeknd Cover)

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:10 pm

Hey Steve,

Incredible cover from you guys and, I think, a fine vid too. Not sure what ideas didn’t pan out due to tech difficulties but I think the 4-panel static worked out in this case for sure….sometimes less is more!

Well done sonically as well. Super sounds and a great mix! Syntronik has some very handy sounds and I used it for that synth lead on “Yelling At Clouds”.

Always glad to see a post from you & the band…keeps my day upbeat and positive! Looking forward to the next! :D

Take care,
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby Riff_Lovely » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:44 pm

Hello guys, Great cover of the song in your unique way. As for the idea and production, excellent as always. Personally, I find it much better and more interesting than the original. Enjoy guys!
Riff_Lovely

Postby danwilson5 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:30 am

Hi Steve,

Great cover. As a drummer myself, I dig how relaxed your drummer is, while he is playing the groove. Looking forward to more.

Dan
danwilson5

Return to The Jam Session