Magic that was missed (Please listen to this performance)

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Magic that was missed (Please listen to this performance)

Postby CrazySchmidt » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:02 am

Hey guys,

I want to share this with you all because this a very emotional recording that my good buddy Fatboy Dazza sent to me a few years ago and I had completely forgotten about until we were both discussing it tonight.

Such expression and emotion in guitar, recording production and vocal work is without comparison with home recording as I have heard it to date.

Just a demo but dang what a ride!!

I hope you dig, be cool.
(Gretsch through IK OR120)
CS. :)

Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Re: Magic that was missed (Please listen to this performance

Postby Riff_Lovely » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:34 am

I salute CS and Fatboy. Driving to work this morning, I was playing a song by Michael (what are you waiting) and then yours (Fatboy) in the car, and I thought to myself how many excellent songs there are here on the forum. As for the song, the guitars are excellent, but the singing and the melody are outstanding. Greetings from the other side of the globe.
Riff_Lovely

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:55 pm

Hi CS,

Massive potential here. Great sounding demo that captures a ton of emotion and the guitar/vox interplay is outstanding. A delicious appetizer that deserves to become an entree at some point. Hopefully you and FatBoy were discussing that possibility recently???

Would love to hear this fleshed out more!

Thanks for posting and just goes to show the strength of a track should shine through when it’s stripped right down like this! Please pass along to FB & give ‘em a nudge to consider moving this one forward in 2024!

Take care, my friend! 8-)
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby veno_mk._1 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:48 am

Hey CS!

Dude, This is golden! I think this is the best track I've heard from you yet. I'm honestly kinda surprised that this is just a demo. The instrumental you have is really well written. The intro guitars playing off of each other with counter melodies is so inspiring. Even the tone is amazing! The ambience of the track is very atmospheric. Like I'm swimming through Colours or the Ocean.

The lyrics you have are really personal. From what I can understand about it, It's like being with someone really close but they might not know how much you love them. Kinda like a relationship. It relates to me in some sort of way actually. Man, and the vocals really match the song well! They're super clean and emotional!

I also just noticed this but there's a string section in the back when you start singing! That's freaking sick! It reminded me of Paradise by Bruce Springsteen.

Anyways, outstanding work on this! I'm looking forward to the full release of this song. This has lots of potential. :D

Cheers!

--Steve
"Dancing is forbidden." -Master Shake
veno_mk._1

Postby danwilson5 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:07 am

Hey CS,

I totally agree with everyone else this is a beautiful. I hope you and Fatboy Dazza finish this one. As usual, my brother your guitar tones are spot on.

Take care

Dan
danwilson5

Return to The Jam Session