What Are You Waiting For? - a song for us all in 2024.

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

What Are You Waiting For? - a song for us all in 2024.

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:06 am

Hey all,

I hope 2024 is treating you very well thus far & will continue that way, including being a banner year for our collective musical pursuits & output. :)

With that said, here’s my first song idea for 2024 that kinda had the intent of putting my feet to fire as to what’s holding me back from making 2024 the best music year ever…hope you can relate.

This song is my first time recording my mini acoustic guitar which I typically use for a hammering out a quick song idea but then gets dismissed for a bigger brother when it’s time to record…but no more...I failed to recognize what a dark horse it was! Other than that, tried to make an enjoyable listen with some varying elements and feels.

Have a listen if you get a chance and feedback always appreciated. Hope you like it.

All the best and take care!
Michael

mklankin@hotmail.com

Re: What Are You Waiting For? - a song for us all in 2024.

Postby CrazySchmidt » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:01 am

Hey Michael, happy new year to you my friend! :D

WOW, superb vocal opening, well done man!! 8-)

Great starter track for the new year dude, recording and production quality is top of the pack as always! 8-)

This gives me a darker/melancholy kinda vibe and I'm thinking to myself, Jeez must be the mood for openers this year (my pending opening track for the year has a melancholy thing going on as well :lol: ).

Great track and your vocals sound great through that new mic man, great purchase.

Look forward to more of the same this coming year bro.

Cheers, CS. :)
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:34 pm

Hi CS,

Yeah, figured why not shake up the arrangement with a vox intro. ;)

Dark and melancholy is generally how I roll, man....at least when it comes to themes and lyrics. :twisted:
Come join the fun with your new one when it's ready 'cus I'm really looking forward to hearing it!

Thanks for the listen and feedback. Glad you enjoyed.
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby Riff_Lovely » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:46 am

Hi Michael, excellent song. I like how it is designed, light then heavy then light then heavy. I also like the solo in the second half of the song. When you started with the opening vocals, I don't know why, but in those few seconds I thought this was going to be something heavy, but on the contrary, it's a light start and beautifully played guitars. in short, a great song and the opening of the 2024 season. Greetings
Riff_Lovely

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:54 pm

Thanks, Riff and super to hear from you in 2024... :D

I'm certainly glad you enjoyed the track & I always try to have interesting arrangements, at least.

Hope your 2024 is going well thus far and you'll also have some tracks to post this year!

Thanks for the listen and the feedback!
Michael

P.S. I still owe you a rock song so I hope 2024 will be the year for that! :lol:
mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby Riff_Lovely » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:20 pm

mklankin@hotmail.com wrote:
P.S. I still owe you a rock song so I hope 2024 will be the year for that! :lol:

Ou Yeah . Soon as possible :D
Riff_Lovely

Postby danwilson5 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:22 am

Hi Michael,

Wow, nice track man. I really like the aesthetic, your choice of minimal reverb added to the vibe of the track. That vocal intro is massive. Looking forward to more from you 2024.

Dan
danwilson5

Postby TwylaMurakawa » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:05 am

Riff_Lovely wrote:
mklankin@hotmail.com wrote:prodentim

Ou Yeah . Soon as possible :D

Looking forward to your song.
TwylaMurakawa

Return to The Jam Session