Sweet Surrender - just a demo.

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Sweet Surrender - just a demo.

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:22 pm

Hi all,

Apologies for not being active on the forum in far too long, not a bunch of time to spend on music. :oops:

This song is just a demo from about a year ago. It was inspired by the situation of a family friend that struggled with slowly wasting from cancer and passed at that time. Just tried to put myself in that scenario where your body is against you, don’t recognize yourself anymore or want to interact with others due to pride/shame, reflections on what your life has meant (mistakes made, what your proud of/brings you comfort) and when you might flip from fighting with everything to offering “sweet surrender” to end the pain.

Well, enough of that uplifting bit. The real inspiration to post was trialing a potential new goodie this week that I used on a few of the tracks and was impressed with the sonic results.

Listen away, feedback appreciated. Song’s going back in “park” for now.

Take care,
Michael

mklankin@hotmail.com

Re: Sweet Surrender - just a demo.

Postby Riff_Lovely » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:17 pm

Hello Michael, unfortunately I haven't played the guitar in months either. Now I have picked it up, because I have less obligations. I wrote a couple of new songs and now I'm going to set them to music. Now I'm back in the saddle. I hear your song with a lot of piano when you will do the studio version. Good and smart words, good melody. Take care !
Riff_Lovely

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:53 am

Hey Riff,

Glad to hear you're getting back in the saddle and I'd like to hear what you got when it's ready. I don't think I'm quite there yet and this song likely won't be the first thing I work on more seriously whenever I get more time.

Thanks for the listen, get that music down, share it and take care!
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby CrazySchmidt » Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:27 am

Bro, I've had enough of that in my life already to understand how you may have been feeling my friend, life really knows how to serve up a bowl of schit at times Right?

Music is a medicine, a drug that heals and sets the soul free of pain, it's the most beautifully natural chemically free healer that I have ever known, it's just hard to explain that to many people who don't feel it, but you and I know it's real. 8-)

You probably haven't heard this one yet, but it was my first pain through loss song attempt, I doubt it will ever be finished, but the thought and process of composition and feeling it through really helped me!!

I don't want to hijack your thread dude, just a link if you're curious.

https://soundcloud.com/crazychmidt/pain ... al_sharing

Thank you for the track dude, take care my friend. :) 8-)

CS. :)
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:51 pm

Hey CS,

Wonderful to hear from you and thanks for the listen and for sharing your track….no, not hijacking! :lol:

Man, we are on the same page as far as the power of music & the therapeutic nature it has. I’d suspect most on this forum would get that too.

I really posted this particular demo after messing around with a new plug-in on trial and only chose it because of the instrumentation maybe made it a good candidate for a test. Just so happens, 2 days after this post, life decided to provide me with another schit sandwich as I learned one of my Aunt’s just lost her very long battle with cancer. Life goes on….then it doesn’t. :(

Anyhow, thanks again for the listen and your track is freakin’ awesome. Musically, it absolutely rocks, killer riff, great mix and vox (all the usual accolades I’d throw your way) but, of course, the lyrical content/sentiment shared is personal and powerful. I’d suggest anyone reading this go check it out!

Thanks for checking in and sharing! 8-)
All the best to you!
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby CrazySchmidt » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:28 am

Hey Michael, I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your Aunty my friend my heart goes to you and your closest.

Perhaps it's never good to linger for too long with a loss, but always healthy to remember and love.

Be cool bro, I feel you my friend.

CS. :)
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Return to The Jam Session