Whisper Of A Pink Evening

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Whisper Of A Pink Evening

Postby sbn » Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:56 am

New chilling, slow deep house song that we did. As always, we used different tools from IK Multimedia, Reverbs and T-Racks other plugins for processing.

sbn

Re: Whisper Of A Pink Evening

Postby danwilson5 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:03 am

Hi SBN,

Nice track man. I liked the balance in your mix, looking forward to hearing more from you.

Dan
danwilson5

Postby sbn » Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:19 am

Thank you so much. Yes, I tried not to rush and took pauses between mixing sessions to listen with a fresh ear and identify what I didn't like. In the end, I am satisfied with the result. However, the master (which was done at the studio, not by me) doesn't differ much from the mix.
sbn

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:04 pm

Hey SBN,

Another gorgeous track. Love the instrumentation and the vox always take you for a beautiful journey. Love the mix - if the studio mix doesn't differ much from this then clearly you are on to something!!

Take care and am eager to listen to the next one you have to share! :D
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby sbn » Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:52 pm

Thank you very much for taking the time. We are delighted to know that someone enjoyed our work. When I received the master, I started comparing it, and the only thing I noticed was a very subtle and barely noticeable polish, which was almost imperceptible. For me, of course, it was a plus, as it meant that the mastering engineer didn't have to fuss around but simply adjust the final balance of volume and add a little touch.

I mixed this track twist in two different programs and didn't rush. Perhaps the biggest problem in many years has been haste. It's important to let your ears forget the track and come back to it not the next day but after several weeks or once a week. If there are no deadlines, it's best to try to listen to it as infrequently as possible. I believe everyone who mixes their own music faces this issue: the excessive number of times the theme is listened to during composition, sound designing, and then mixing, eventually causing the brain to no longer perceive the picture correctly.

We would like to make a remix of this track in a faster electronic dance version.

Thank you again guys for a great words. It's motivate to work more.
sbn

Return to The Jam Session