Remembering "I Got You (Hemispheres Project)"

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Remembering "I Got You (Hemispheres Project)"

Postby CrazySchmidt » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:43 am

Hi guys,

It's funny how time can pass by so quickly, it seems to me that a project I started with my good buddy Dan Wilson from Canada (and a member of this forum) a couple of years ago, has almost fallen into a distant memory for me.

A couple of weeks ago my surrogate niece (Fatboy Dazza's Daughter) was listening to my channel on SoundCloud and listened to the track "I Got You (Hemispheres Project)" and said:
"I heard whispers of this project in the man cave a few years ago, but never heard the whole thing. Really an amazing collaboration Schmidt. Can see this being played at a concert easy. Awesome work."

I thought the comment was nice of course, but when I actually went and had a good listen to it again, I realized just how good the collab on that song was. Considering it was the first collaboration I think either of us had done digitally online and I think it may have also been the first on this forum, I'm very proud of it and I hope Dan is also. It's not that easy working between different DAW's in different countries with different points of view. :lol:

So with all that being said, here's the original collaboration mixed/produced from my system (Ableton), Dan has his own version which was the original source that I worked from.

Dan, I just want to remind you that I really enjoyed working with you on this and I hope that at sometime in the future we can do it again. 8-)

Cheers, CS. 8-) :)
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Re: Remembering "I Got You (Hemispheres Project)"

Postby danwilson5 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:55 am

Hey CS,

Wow, its been a couple of years!!!

Thanks for sharing the comments by your "surrogate" niece. Had a listen to your mix of the song, another solid mix and the clarity on the drums was great. I could actually hear what I did :lol:

I really enjoyed the collaboration process but I will agree it is slow. looking back, I remember when we started there was about 2-3 hours of emails flying back and forth trying to solve the DAW compatibility issues. You think it would be easier (shaking my head). You would think that bar 1 should be bar 1 and 100 bpm should be 100 bpm. Once that issue was solved everything went smoothly. Every time I opened the file you sent over was like Christmas, I was excited to hear what you did/ added to the song.

You are right it was my first collaboration and very positive one.

Totally agree with you about another collaboration and I am looking forward to another one. The hard part is coming up with ideas that fit the Hemispheres project. 8-)

Dan Wilson

PS
To everyone else on the forum, I encourage you all to try a collaboration at least one. Who knows maybe a massive IK Band??? If needed, I volunteer to be the drummer
danwilson5

Postby veno_mk._1 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:19 am

Yo CS,

I gotta say this is a pretty dope collaboration you guys put together! Kinda sounds like the Ramones mixed with AC/DC and KISS. It's anthemic! Also dig the tasty guitar solo :P

I can relate to DAWs not working during collaboration. It's like you have to have the same DAWs plus the right sample rate onset a file sharing program that doesn't compress WAVs (cough google drive cough) in order for it to work.

Anyways, great work dudes! Hope to hear more of the project!

--Steve

(I'd also be down for a IK Band. I'll play the Sax 8-) )
"Dancing is forbidden." -Master Shake
veno_mk._1

Postby maicleusa » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:51 am

It's sad that this project is not remembered by many people anymore, but for me, I will always remember it.
slope
maicleusa

Postby Riff_Lovely » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:01 am

Hi CS, as Steave said mix Ramones Kiss ACDC. I'm not a Ramones fan, I'm Ramone (that's how far it goes :D :D ). So I really like the song. it is melodious and very nicely produced.
Cheers, waiting for new songs.
Riff_Lovely

Return to The Jam Session