Come Over baby

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Come Over baby

Postby danwilson5 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:55 am

Hi All,

Here is a new one

https://soundcloud.com/dan-e-wilson/com ... al_sharing

This one took a long time to finish. We finished a version of the song and were about to post it but I felt the tempo was too slow, so we redid it again from scratch. The song is based on a coffee commercial I saw years ago.

As always, any suggestions to make things better would be much appreciated.

Hey Michael, I took your advice you kindly gave on the other song "All Over The World" about glueing things a bit more, so I tried to hit the compressor a little harder. Let me know if I am in the ballpark.

Dan
danwilson5

Re: Come Over baby

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:24 am

Hey Dan (and Kelly),

Real nice job, boys. Rockin' for sure and the mix is excellent....clear, punchy, glued - fantastic job! :D

I like it all, thinned out the intro ahead of kickin' in the full mix plus nice drum fill to outro. 8-)

Glad you guys are back!
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby Riff_Lovely » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:42 pm

As i exsepted when i saw yours post. Exelent production. Very clear. Singig is also exelent. Very katchy Blues-rockabilly song.
Cheers guys
Riff_Lovely

Postby danwilson5 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:21 am

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks you the kind words.

It may interest someone on how I used the mic modeller. I want to replicate a 78 rpm record in the intro so I used an eq to band limit the audio and then used the mic modeller to change a c12 type mic into the “cheapest” low-fi mic in the modeller. I am sure the intention of that plug-in was to change our mic into a U47 or something equally as cool.

Anyway I how the idea inspires someone to try something usual and share it with us.

Dan
danwilson5

Postby Boogie Pete » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:36 am

Great stuff Dan!

Very nicely put together and most importantly this song deserves the 'B*LLS' that it has in spades in both the playing and production.

This track took me back many years to when I was busy on the live music scene, they were good times so many thanks for that : )

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Pete.
Boogie Pete

Postby CrazySchmidt » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:19 am

Hi guys,

Yep, nicely produced and executed 12 bar rocker. 8-) :)

Cheers, CS.
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Postby veno_mk._1 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:28 am

Aw hell yeah! I love a catchy rock and roll song.

Yeah like everyone said, This is a really well produced and well performed rock and roll song! I don't have anything else to add without repeating everyone lol.

If you do want a suggestion, I would add some tape saturation and/or tube saturation to the mix. It adds more character to the tracks and make it sound less digital. I usually add saturation to all the rock/punk stuff I produce. The tape machine collection has been like my go-to necessity for saturation. Right now the production of this track is a wee bit clean imo. That's pretty much the only comment I have.

But yeah great stuff otherwise! Can't wait for some more rockin' jukebox tunes!

Cheers!

--Steve
"Dancing is forbidden." -Master Shake
veno_mk._1

Postby danwilson5 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:12 am

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the suggestion about the Tape plugin, I had it on the 2-Bus but I guess I just didn't hit it hard enough. I will put this suggest at the top of the list to try for the next mix.

Are you using the tape plugin on the 2-Bus or on individual buses for say the Drums, bass etc? Also if I could ask another question which tape model do you prefer?

Thanks in advance

Dan
danwilson5

Postby veno_mk._1 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:45 pm

Hey Dan! Sorry for the late response,

Normally I would put the tape plugin on the individual buses. This is so that I can mix and match different types tape machines with other instruments. There's certain tape machines that just go well with certain instruments.

For example, from the tape machine collection, I would use the tape machine 440 plugin for vocals and sax, then tape machine 99 for bass and kick drum, then tape machine 24 for guitars and extra instruments, then tape machine 24 on the mix bus! For all of the tape machines I have on there I make sure that none of them are clipping the v/u meters just because you can go a bit overboard with it. When all of it is done, it makes it sound like all of the instruments were recorded onto tape just like back in the day!

Of course that what has always worked for me. I would say try to experiment and see if it inspires you.

Thanks for response and good luck!

--Steve
"Dancing is forbidden." -Master Shake
veno_mk._1

Return to The Jam Session