My Ska-Punk band made a Christmas song!

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

My Ska-Punk band made a Christmas song!

Postby veno_mk._1 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:25 am

Hey y'all, Steve from Paint Bomb here!

This one is fairly old. We made this song back in December of last year after we recorded our debut album. Basically, it's a cover of Sleigh Ride but with our Ska-Punk signature flavour! For production, we took a more stripped down punk approach! I'm not sure why I haven't shared this here yet. Oh well, I hope you guys like Christmas in June!

This single is different from our previous works as Alex (our frontman) mixed this instead of me. The reason why is because he had some new plug ins he wanted to try out. However, I mastered this baby with T-Rack 5 Max with ARC 3!

Oh and we also shot a budget music video for it. Alex's roommate offered to record us playing the song for beer lol.

As per usual you can listen to our song on all streaming services here.

I'm pretty happy with how this song turned out! It's just as good if not better than most overplayed Christmas songs I'd hear.

Thanks for listening!

--Steve

p.s. I'm probably gonna start working on my own music soon so stay tuned :P
"Dancing is forbidden." -Master Shake
veno_mk._1

Re: My Ska-Punk band made a Christmas song!

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:34 pm

Hey Steve,

Great stuff, I think I'll put this baby in rotation when the season comes around this year. 8-)

and yes....beer is/should always be a form of currency for services rendered so good on the camera guy!

Take care and thanks for posting!
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Return to The Jam Session