Waves of Summer - 2023 remix.

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Waves of Summer - 2023 remix.

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:14 pm

Hi all,

Just cleansing the palate with a remix of a previously posted bluesy track, this one back in May/20 when I had recently picked up my first semi-hollow gtr. 8-) Paul played bass.

Some simple re-tooling with updated goodies (such as AT5 and TONEX) and a little reimagining overall.

Have a listen, feedback appreciated!
Michael

Now…back to working on something new...and not blues-based, eh!?! :P :roll:

mklankin@hotmail.com

Re: Waves of Summer - 2023 remix.

Postby Riff_Lovely » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:33 am

mklankin@hotmail.com wrote:
Now…back to working on something new...and not blues-based, eh!?! :P :roll:

i Can t wait what will be
Great production on track
Riff_Lovely

Postby Boogie Pete » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:47 am

I'd say 'Blues with a very nice twist' : )

Immaculate mix with so much power and a certain 'ambience' for me. I really have a soft spot for the blues as I was around at the time of its birth! :D. But joking aside, a great track which I really enjoyed from both a musical and technical aspect.

Very nicely done!

Cheers,

Pete.
Boogie Pete

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:51 pm

Hey Pete,

Thanks for the feedback once again. When I look back at the songs I’ve posted, there’s a fair number of “bluesy” tunes but I do make a concerted effort to not make them too straight-ahead - with twists as you say. Honestly, I don’t listen to blues much and yet these songs just present themselves sometimes - maybe goes to prove blues are so fundamental to almost everything else.

I suspect you’ve checked out the 2023 versions of “Deja Vu” and “Master of None” already. If you go back to page 4 you may wanna check out “Ghosted” too as, in my mind, it’s got some Clapton to it….at least that’s what I hear.

Thanks again for the feedback!!!!! 8-)
Take care,
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Return to The Jam Session