Settle The Score - 2023 Cottage Session 1, Trk 2

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Settle The Score - 2023 Cottage Session 1, Trk 2

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:58 am

Well, here’s another track from the latest cottage session. This is one of Paul’s and I finally got the go-ahead that it’s decent enough to post here.

Apparently, Paul sorta got inspired to write a blues tune after he watched a vid of Jeff Healey covering an Albert King song and, lyrically, it’s just about those people in your life who always seem to be working an angle. You think karma is going to catch up to them but in reality, it never does. Straight ahead, smouldering and was great to be a part of.

Paul - vox, bass, main rhythm gtr, keys
Me - just guitar lead, incidentals and haunting bends at the outro
and a bunch of IK stuff used, per usual.

Hope you like it. Have a great weekend, all! :)
Michael

mklankin@hotmail.com

Re: Settle The Score - 2023 Cottage Session 1, Trk 2

Postby CrazySchmidt » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:40 am

Well Jesus Christ Michael, we both have buddies who know how to put a song together, we love them for that don't we (no we fukin don't, egotistical basterds ;) ).

I jest (or do I) :lol: ;)

Very nice track guys. Paul's vocals are so well suited to the track, very well done!!

I love your productions dude, this again is one very yummy listening experience for my ears.

Cheers, CS. :)
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Postby Riff_Lovely » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:08 pm

So so so so so good things ( songs ) coming out from this cotage. Amazing stuff. Great production. Real delicatesse.
Cheers guys
Riff_Lovely

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:37 pm

Hi CS,

Oh yeah, I wouldn’t have it any other way, man! :lol:

Good friends with great musical sensibilities that you can work well with and come to the table with different (and better) skills is always a plus….and is best for the musical task at hand. I’m totally fine with being envious and just hope I have something decent to contribute as well.

Thanks for feedback on the song and the production….I’ll certainly pass along to Paul!
Ciao for now…..Michael 8-)
mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:39 pm

Hi J,

Thanks for the listen and the feedback.

Yeah, that little cottage holds some magic for us. ;) I’ll pass your message onto Paul!

Thanks, as always, for the support! :D
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Return to The Jam Session