All Over The World

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

All Over The World

Postby danwilson5 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:29 am

Hi All,

It has been a while, work got in the way of having fun. Kelly and I just finished this one. Any comments on improving the mix would be appreciated.

FYI - All electric guitars where processed through Amplitube 5. Used the stealth limiter, EQP-1 and Tape Machine 80 on the 2 bus. Black 76 compressor on the snare and for parallel compression. Had the EQ PB on the snare and toms as well.

Dan

https://soundcloud.com/dan-e-wilson/all ... al_sharing
danwilson5

Re: All Over The World

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:32 am

Hey Dan (& Kelly)

I really like this song! It is nicely written, all parts are executed well and I love the addition of the nylon string guitar. Glad you both had time to get this one together and to share it….yeah, appreciate work getting in the way.

As far as the mix….well, it sounds a bit constrained to me…like it lacks some compression/punch in the rhythm section especially & could use a bit of “air” and glue from a mastering standpoint.

Thanks for sharing the IK stuff you used, BTW.

Super song….well done & hope you two can keep it up! :D
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby danwilson5 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:42 am

Hi Michael,

Thanks for listening.

I will try to increase the glue and punch of the mix. I intentionally tried not to over compress or shall I say not be so heavy handed with the compressor and limiter on this mix. Guess I went too far the other way this time. I also rolled off the ultra highs (above 15k) on some of the instruments (overheads on the drums). I always hear this high frequency distortion that causes ear fatigue when I use compression and limiters in a heavy handed way so this time I wanted to see if I could reduce that by easing off the compressor/ limiter and rolling off a little high end.

I really appreciate the constructive feedback.

Dan
danwilson5

Postby CrazySchmidt » Tue May 23, 2023 8:08 am

Hi Dan,

Really nice to be back here again after a long time away and to hear a new track from you guys.

Kelly certainly has the knack for writing nice tunes with great chorus hooks and you guys have always harmonized well together, I guess that's what you get with a life time of working together!! Nice track guys. 8-)

I hope you and your families are all well, take care.

Cheers, CS. :)
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Postby Riff_Lovely » Sat May 27, 2023 1:34 pm

Hi Dan, very melodic, and izzy for listen, so floating melody.. I realy like the song.
Cheers!
Riff Lovely ex Zuga1974 :D
Riff_Lovely

Return to The Jam Session