Melodic-Power-AOR with AT5 and SampleTank

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Melodic-Power-AOR with AT5 and SampleTank

Postby elammark13 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:18 am

Hi everyone. I'm not even sure myself what genre of music it is besides rock, but I've been told Melodic-Power-AOR sums it up best. lol "Shattered" is a new song I just finished up. All guitars are AT5 and all keyboards (except the opening melody...that's from a friend) are various SampleTank sounds. Hope you like it!

elammark13

Re: Melodic-Power-AOR with AT5 and SampleTank

Postby CrazySchmidt » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:39 pm

Wow, what an outstandingly professional job man!!, I mean this is very friggin cool. 8-)

The video and sound production are incredible as are all the performances, a really nice listen dude.

Can't wait to hear more from you.

Cheers, CS. :)
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Postby Boogie Pete » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:17 pm

Agree with CS!

Very solid all round, liked the song, performances, production, the way the track built up and the video. Your Son is already a fine Sax player and I enjoyed the guitar work too 8-) .

Genre wise I'd say there's a fair leaning towards 'old school prog' so 6 minutes plus is fairly short! :D so I wouldn't worry too much about the length of the track.

Great stuff!
Boogie Pete

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:44 pm

Hey there,

What a wonderful song, harnessing both beauty and power! Super sounds, playing/singing and awesome production value...with an entertaining vid to boot! I also get Floyd and Queensryche from it but it's very theatrical too - parts of it feel like the final sung on stage at the end of Act 1 or used at the finale, emotive stuff!

Was wondering if you could pass along which AT5 and ST samples were used?

You have a new sub & really look forward to more to come from you!
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby elammark13 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:48 am

Thank you everyone for the kinds words!! It means a lot when you're doubting yourself. I'll list the sounds I used for everything a bit later. Thanks again!
elammark13

Postby Riff_Lovely » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:51 pm

I realy enjoy to listen this track,nice singing, playing, production, lyrics. Waiting new song.
Riff_Lovely

Postby elammark13 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:01 pm

Sorry I didn't have the time to properly thank everyone yesterday.

CrazySchmidt wrote:Wow, what an outstandingly professional job man!!, I mean this is very friggin cool. 8-)

The video and sound production are incredible as are all the performances, a really nice listen dude.

Can't wait to hear more from you.

Cheers, CS. :)

Thank you so much! I agonize over my mixes all the time. But even I'm actually proud of this one (for once lol). It's the vocals from my old friend that really drove it home, I think.

Boogie Pete wrote:Agree with CS!

Very solid all round, liked the song, performances, production, the way the track built up and the video. Your Son is already a fine Sax player and I enjoyed the guitar work too 8-) .

Genre wise I'd say there's a fair leaning towards 'old school prog' so 6 minutes plus is fairly short! :D so I wouldn't worry too much about the length of the track.

Great stuff!

Thank you! And my son said to say thank you as well. :D "Old school prog" sounds about what I was aiming for. :)

mklankin@hotmail.com wrote:Hey there,

What a wonderful song, harnessing both beauty and power! Super sounds, playing/singing and awesome production value...with an entertaining vid to boot! I also get Floyd and Queensryche from it but it's very theatrical too - parts of it feel like the final sung on stage at the end of Act 1 or used at the finale, emotive stuff!

Was wondering if you could pass along which AT5 and ST samples were used?

You have a new sub & really look forward to more to come from you!
Michael

Thank you! I definitely had Pink Floyd in my head when writing this. Not anything in particular, just the general vibe. I didn't think Queensryche...but Mindcrime is one of my favorite albums...so who knows!
zuga1974 wrote:I realy enjoy to listen this track,nice singing, playing, production, lyrics. Waiting new song.

As for what sounds I used, I've rendered things down and didn't save any tweaks I made to sounds, but from what I remember:
keys
• chorus voices=Mixe Ah choir from Phiharmonik CE (added some EQ, reverb, and a bit of chorus to it
• strings=14 violins sustain (with EQ & reverb)
• string pad=acoustic & analog pad
• acoustic guitar=american acoustic Strums Maj-min
• verse voices=synth wave mega choir

guitars (AT5)
distorted chorus guitars=quad tracked, with 4 different amps - Mesa MK IIc+, Mesa MK III, Mesa MK IV, Engl Powerball
guitar solo= Mesa MK IIc+
rotary guitar=Fender '65 Twin Reverb into Fender Vibratone cab

I may upload a couple of them to Tone.net. They are actually based on some Night Ranger/Brad Gillis patches I made.

zuga1974 wrote:I realy enjoy to listen this track,nice singing, playing, production, lyrics. Waiting new song.

Thank you very much!
elammark13

Postby elammark13 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:07 pm

If you're interested, you can hear a short clip of the song I'm working on right now. I'm still on the writing phase, but have more than this recorded...but I only have this clip uploaded to YouTube.

Haven't had time lately to work more on it. Hoping to soon though. Really excited about how it's sounding so far!
elammark13

Return to The Jam Session