A two-fer of “proggie” rock: “Foray” & “Strange Alliance".

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

A two-fer of “proggie” rock: “Foray” & “Strange Alliance".

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:44 pm

Hi all,

So far, 2022 has been a slower year for cranking out new music ( :( ) but I recently got reacquainted with a couple of my older “proggie” rock recordings that are decent enough to pass along "as-was".

Foray - from Jan/18
IK stuff:
ST3 - choirs
AT4 - Orange, ENGL
MODO Bass
TR - CSR Plate, Stealth Limiter

Strange Alliance - from Dec/19
IK Stuff:
AT4 - Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier and ENGL
ST3, ST4 and Syntronik - various synth sounds
MODO Drum - reference kit
TR5 - White 2A, CSR Room and Inverse revs, ONE

Thanks for checking out!
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Re: A two-fer of “proggie” rock: “Foray” & “Strange Allianc

Postby CrazySchmidt » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:02 am

Hey Michael,

Ah, it's always great to dig into the archives and blow the dust of a few, I know, I do it all the time!! :lol:

Man, this is one of those things that I really dig about you, that eclectic style that you do so well and believe me that is a BIG complement.

For me the track "Foray" could easily translate to a "Rammstein" song, obviously there would need to be Til on the vocals, but I can hear it so vividly and it has all the ingredients. It's a great track regardless because it's so diverse in it's instrumentation. 8-)

"Strange Alliance", well this is interesting for me because as I hear it, it sounds made part of "Rammstein" and part "Steve Vai" (go figure, but you played it man :lol:), it's just a great listening trip for me bro!!

I'm diggin it man and please share more from the vault when you have them.

Chhers, CS. :)
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Re: A two-fer of “proggie” rock: “Foray” & “Strange Allianc

Postby elammark13 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:39 pm

Ok. That was a surprise. After listening to two of your other posts, I wasn't expecting the proggy side. Really nice surprise. I like both songs, but I think Strange Alliance pulls at my ears the most. And yeah, I can hear the Rammstein and Steve Vai :lol: , but I'd also say I hear a bit of Dream Theater in there as well. And this is all meant as a good thing! Can't wait to hear more from you!
elammark13

Return to The Jam Session