little bit of R n R

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

little bit of R n R

Postby Riff_Lovely » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:03 pm

https://soundcloud.com/divljeduse/ja-mo ... al_sharing
I sing on Croatian, my siging is very poor , but i dont have singer. I Use Amplitube 5 double crounch onleft, and Appetite on right.Modo drums. Hear little Croatian R n R.
Riff_Lovely

Re: little bit of R n R

Postby Riff_Lovely » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:14 pm

Riff_Lovely

Postby danwilson5 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:31 am

Hi Zuga1974,

I can hear a lot of potential in your song. If I could give a couple pieces of constructive criticism. First turn the vocals up in the mix. Second when tracking your guitars turn the drums up in the headphones so that you can really lock into the groove.

Looking forward to the next one.

Dan
danwilson5

Postby Riff_Lovely » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:58 am

Hello, thx for lisen my song and for your opinion. I notice that i have some delay in rhythm. Maybe because i have some latency about 10 ms. I put my vocal down, because i dont have good vocal. Thx for advice, i paying more antenion next time on this stuff.
Riff_Lovely

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:06 pm

Hey zuga1974!

I agree with Dan, think the song has good potential - I like how the song opens, the tempo changes, guitar leads are great and fitting the tune.

As far as vox go, from what I can hear they sound fine & I completely understand wanting to bury them more in the mix when you don’t feel confident in them; however, push the main vox up for sure and I do like those background additions- you can wait for your dream singer later. No idea what you’re singing but the quality of your voice and styling gives me a real Mark Knopfler vibe.

Timing issues really stand out, unfortunately, so if there’s consistent latency for the played instruments vs drum track, maybe certain the regions can be shifted in your DAW or you could flex time to get the song more in the “pocket”, barring that, maybe need to get as low latency as you can and re-record. With that, the song would be more driving and satisfying.

Anyhow, was well worth the listen so thanks for sharing!
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby Riff_Lovely » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:29 pm

Thx Mklankin i am glad that You like my song.Next time i will aproach to recording on another way. I will lisned only one instrument with drum. And on time line fix the latency. Thx for constructive criticism.
Riff_Lovely

Postby Riff_Lovely » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:30 pm

Sorry on my bad english.
Riff_Lovely

Postby CrazySchmidt » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:04 am

Dude, this is a great rock n roll track, the energy spoke to me as soon as I clicked the play button.

Your guitar attack and feel has an attitude that is the backbone of what makes a great rock n roll track as do your vocals, well done!!

Please don't be afraid to bring your vocals up in the mix they're way better than you think my friend, I know how you feel with this, I still question myself all the time with my own vocals.

I'm really looking forward to hearing more from you!!

Cheers, CS. :)
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Postby Riff_Lovely » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:40 pm

Thx, i am glad that You like it. I will try next time with more courage on vocal, but i dont like how it sound with my voice. After i record my voice it is totaly diferent than i imagine song i my head
Riff_Lovely

Postby CrazySchmidt » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:35 am

zuga1974 wrote:After i record my voice it is totaly diferent than i imagine song i my head

I know, we all feel that way dude, it's natural but trust me, you're better than you think!

Don't be afraid, bring it up a little next time to a level you are happy with, you're rocking this dude!! 8-)

CS. :)
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Return to The Jam Session