Out of the Gate - a moody demo…

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Out of the Gate - a moody demo…

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:50 pm

Hi all,

Here’s my latest track, a little dark and moody number. Got a new computer and was messing with “Seismic” in Logic Drummer and then the idea just started from there. Really tried to push the computer to see its limits so quite a bit of tracks and instrumentation used. Also attempted to get some nice enveloping low end into the mix.

Special thanks to CrazySchmidt who got an early preview of this track and suggested more orchestration (like "more cowbell" to me) which I am always happy to oblige and trust makes this track a little sweeter.

Tons of IK stuff here (pre-ordered FAME and was hoping to use on this but not out yet):

ST4 - “the Lost Wave” and “Thin Pulse Flowing” presets; “Suspended Cymbals” for the swells; “Scuba Tank Bells”; C7 Grand Cinematic 1 piano (first time using the C7 and very, very nice)
Syntronik - Bully “Over Bass”
Miroslav Phil2 - Cellos, Violas, Double Bass, Violin
MODO Drum - Djentleman
TR5 - Stealth Limiter, Mixbox, Sunset Sound (ISO, chamber, plate, live rooms), CSR Hall
AT5 - Double-tracked rhythm and one of the two melody guitars all use variations of the same “Ambient Heavy” preset - could have probably explored more sonic options there.

Tried my best to make vox not too bad on the ears and I hope u find the track interesting at least.

Take care! F/b appreciated!
Michael

mklankin@hotmail.com

Re: Out of the Gate - a moody demo…

Postby CrazySchmidt » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:15 am

Hey Micheal,

This is a fantastic track, one of my fav's, in fact, I may even go so far as to say your best yet!! 8-)

So dynamic with plenty going on as a feast for the ears and your vocals are great, they fit the track perfectly and again I would say your best vocal yet! 8-)

Oh and one more thing, I really dig the strings on the fade, brings all the emotion, brilliant!! 8-)

Always a pleasure to hear something new from you dude, keep em coming.

Cheers, CS. :)
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Re: Out of the Gate - a moody demo…

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:08 pm

Hi CS,

Apologizes for not thanking you earlier for the f/b on this one. I'm glad u enjoyed it. Came together quite quickly and that's always a perk 'cus there's that risk of an idea getting parked forever or too long!

Thanks again 8-)
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Return to The Jam Session