Something Borrowed, Something Blue

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Something Borrowed, Something Blue

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Sat May 01, 2021 1:44 am

Hi all,

My friend, Paul, who helps me out with bass and vox from time to time forwarded an original idea of his earlier this week. I really took to it so we messed with it over the last few days and this is the result. I had the opportunity to add some acoustic and electric melodies/leads and lended a background vox and an idea for a pre-lead part.

Anyhow, I think it’s a super track that still needs some more work but this will give you a solid idea of where it’s heading.

IK stuff:
AT5 - electric guitars (various tweaks to the Vinnie Moore preset “Wet Mudhoney”)
Hammond B-3X - (Bloodsucker JR-DP preset), only used on over the pre-lead section
MODO Bass - Thunder Bass, only used on over the pre-lead section
TR5 - One, White 2A, Sunset Sound (live room and ISO booth), CSR Plate Rev, Tape M/C 80

So please have a listen and feedback is especially requested this time.

Thanks!
Michael & Paul

From Paul:
“I’ve been listening to a lot of Gillian Welch / Dave Rawlings Machine lately and loving how stripped down their stuff is. I picked up my Blueridge BR-160 recently and started playing and singing. This song fell out in about an hour. The rhythm guitar part was finger picking in the early stages but as I started recording, it changed because a more “southern fried” vibe was emerging and I just went with it.

The lyric is a play on the bridal superstition, with weddings being a symbol of happily ever after. Time can also be considered something borrowed and wasting it, a real tragedy.”

mklankin@hotmail.com

Return to The Jam Session