Todo Lo Que Necesita Es - 1st Spanish song.

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Todo Lo Que Necesita Es - 1st Spanish song.

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:19 pm

Hi all,

This song came about last winter after coming back from, what happened to be, my second last concert before the pandemic….remember those days? Anyhow, was a super concert of Alex Cuba’s and really inspired me to write a Spanish song even though I don’t speak the language. Writing music came along quickly enough but writing lyrics and singing in a different language - not so easy. I got some help from a friend with grammar, pronunciation, and how wording would go so I'm hoping the Spanish isn’t too laughable. First time playing fretless bass too which I thought was a fitting choice for the song.

Though recorded in Feb/20, I polished it up this week with some more recent IK options and now pass along.

IK stuff used:
MODO Drum - Bubinga kit
AmpliTube - electric guitar = Mesa TA-30
Philharmonik = marimba; vibraphone with flute (lead)
ST4 - Clavitube E7 (lead)
ST3 - trumpets
Sunset Studio - various chamber, iso and live rooms
TR5 - Tape 80 (some vox), CSR plate and room revs, Stealth Limiter

Adios!
Michael

mklankin@hotmail.com

Re: Todo Lo Que Necesita Es - 1st Spanish song.

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:51 pm

Hi All,

Thought I'd repost this song as I've just learned that Alex Cuba won a Grammy this past weekend for best Latin Pop album (for Mendo) as he was the direct inspiration for it (see details below).

Also very kewl that the album was a home recording....so maybe there's hope for all of us!

Take care and check Alex's stuff out as he is a superb artist.

Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby Riff_Lovely » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:18 pm

Hey, Super song. Do you have classic guitar in song ( i heard her ) , or this is VST, and if you have how you record ?
Riff_Lovely

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:43 am

Hi zuga1974,

Thanks for the listen and the feedback.

Certainly is a classical guitar in the song - my old Yamaha CGX-171SCF classical flamenco guitar…..the one that’s featured in my “Marseille” video a bit earlier on this forum (I think you already checked it out so thanks for that as well).

It’s not a super expensive guitar but I think it can sound very good. I particularly liked the 2-way preamp with a piezo pickup and a condenser mic mounted inside, so lots of flexibility to blend. I’m pretty sure the song only used the preamp output from that guitar.

Thanks for the listen and the question. Glad you enjoyed it!
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Return to The Jam Session