Steve Vai "The Animal" cover (slide)

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Steve Vai "The Animal" cover (slide)

Postby TomoRG » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:47 pm

Here's something I've wanted to do for quite some time...

I've always thought slide just.. fits somehow...

TomoRG

Re: Steve Vai "The Animal" cover (slide)

Postby rlh98296 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:41 am

That is amazing! I loved this album and it's really cool to see you play all of those parts.
It's also kind of cool that you have a white RG560, which I do as well. I bought mine around 1988. Just don't see too many of these around.
rlh98296

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:31 pm

Nice job! Was just listening to Passion & Warfare yesterday while working. Sounds great, what gear did you use?

I also like the extra bit of "swing" you give to your interpretation - especially the slide parts but overall too.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby CrazySchmidt » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:39 am

Schitt, I'm not sure why I have only just looked at this now, it's probably because of "Vai" and "Slide" in the same sentence. :shock:

Jesus dude, you own the MoFo neck there's no question and your talent is friggin' amazing!!!, but if I may offer a constructive comment, if you're going to post videos please consider how you will express yourself in front of the camera, looking uninterested (it's easy, I knocked this out last night in my room) doesn't sell the audio. You'd be better with a SoundCloud link.

I mean no offense my friend believe me, just another perspective for consideration.

Cheers, CS. :)
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Postby TomoRG » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:46 pm

rlh98296 wrote:That is amazing! I loved this album and it's really cool to see you play all of those parts.
It's also kind of cool that you have a white RG560, which I do as well. I bought mine around 1988. Just don't see too many of these around.

Thanks! Mine's from 1993 I think... still a great guitar

Peter_IK wrote:Nice job! Was just listening to Passion & Warfare yesterday while working. Sounds great, what gear did you use?

I also like the extra bit of "swing" you give to your interpretation - especially the slide parts but overall too.

Thank you! I think I used Amplitube3 compressor - EZMix2 - Amplitube3 delay and reverb in FX chain.

CrazySchmidt wrote:Schitt, I'm not sure why I have only just looked at this now, it's probably because of "Vai" and "Slide" in the same sentence. :shock:

Jesus dude, you own the MoFo neck there's no question and your talent is friggin' amazing!!!, but if I may offer a constructive comment, if you're going to post videos please consider how you will express yourself in front of the camera, looking uninterested (it's easy, I knocked this out last night in my room) doesn't sell the audio. You'd be better with a SoundCloud link.

I mean no offense my friend believe me, just another perspective for consideration.

Cheers, CS. :)

Thanks, but... I just can't make any other than "I'm bored and wanna go to sleep" face when I play:):) Even when I struggle to play something that's really fast and complex, I keep the same face...
TomoRG

Postby CrazySchmidt » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:01 am

LOL dude, I'm not comfortable with a camera in my face either. :? :lol:

Not to labor the point, but if you got one of your kids or your girl friend/wife or a friend to record you while you're playing on their phone and move the camera position around a little bit, like some on your face and some on the neck while you're playing those hot chops, you could have some wicked footage for editing and you could easily have some cool video footage for you to use with your audio clips.

There's some really cool easy to use video editing software available that will get you going at little cost, a buddy of mine does this and it's makes a cool difference man.

Food for thought.

Take it man, CS. :)
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Return to The Jam Session