How are the levels?

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

How are the levels?

Postby CrazySchmidt » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:21 pm

Just doing a level test on a new track, and as I was mucking around with things I realized how constant and reliable the bass tone was, then I remembered why I loved this software so much was because it was so frigin real!

Ok, so I'm diggin' the bass tones I get from Amplitube, wouldn't even try to get them from a real rig, why would you when it's this easy??

Cheers, CrazySchmidt. :)
Last edited by CrazySchmidt on Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Re: How are the levels?

Postby danwilson5 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:59 pm

Hi CrazySchmit,

As always love the guitar tones. This tune brings me back to the days when I played in the clubs when I was younger. The balance is great, everything seems to fit so well together.

If I could ask what bass amp model in AmpliTube are you using?

Dan
danwilson5

Postby CrazySchmidt » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:56 am

Hi Dan, how are you going buddy? thanks for the feedback. 8-)

Oh man you're making me feel old now, I used to do the local pub circuit when I was a younger man myself, some of the happiest days of my life!! 8-) Now at 53 yrs old and married, those days are well over I'm afraid. :roll:

The bass rig I'm using is the "Ampeg SVT-4 PRO" using the "Bright Pick SVT-4" preset, this just sounds so good to me right out of the box. I'm not a bass player so intuitively wanted to use something that was pick based rather than finger based.

The guitars on this track are not through Amplitube BTW, they are recorded using an actual Marshall DSL40C amp through an SM57 mic straight into my DAW (Ableton Live).

I also recorded an acoustic track sometime ago, (something way out of my comfort zone), using the same bass preset which surprisingly came out sounding ok I think, that just further enforced my belief that Amplitube has a very real and very cool vibe to it.

I've linked the acoustic track for you to take a listen to in case you're interested.
Cheers, Ian. :)

"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Postby danwilson5 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:22 pm

Hi Ian,

You are younger than me, 57 and counting. Thanks for the info on the bass amp sim.

My wife and I are on vacation and all I have is our ipad. I will have to give the acoustic track a better listen when I get home. Listening to the track through the ipad speaker, I really liked the the top end of the guitar. It cut through without being harsh and enjoyed the harmonies at the end.

Dan
danwilson5

Postby CrazySchmidt » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:21 am

I find those phone and PC speakers to be very brutal without any range of depth, I really struggle listening to anything I've recorded through those. :lol:

Enjoy your holiday. :)
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Postby danwilson5 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:44 am

Hi Ian,

At home now and listened to the acoustic track again through better speakers than my iPad. As I wrote before, I like the tone of the guitars. If I can give one piece of constructive criticism, maybe try a low shelf on the guitars- ever so slightly, maybe 0.5-1.0 dB, to change the tonal balance. Maybe even try different corner frequencies for the left and right sides in order to separate them even more. The top end on the guitars is clear without being harsh. In this way, more space would be given to the bass lines you played.

Dan
danwilson5

Postby CrazySchmidt » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:22 am

Hey Dan, I hope you enjoyed your holiday man. :) , thanks for the advice with this. 8-)

I loved the tone of this acoustic guitar in the store, it was what made me buy it. When I first tried to record it I learned that it was natively very deep off a 57. I have certainly tried to tame this with EQ but very challenging to say the least.

Thanks for for your thoughts, keep rockin!! :)

Cheers, Ian.
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Return to The Jam Session