Steve Peck - SAXTREME

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Steve Peck - SAXTREME

Postby veno_mk._1 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:29 pm

Hey Y'all, I got major news for you guys.

My debut album "SAXTREME" has been released today on all streaming platforms! What started off as a side project has turned into something much bigger than I could've ever imagined. This is legit the biggest achievement of my musical journey!

There's an interesting history with it. The whole reason why this album exists is because I was sick and tired of all of these overproduced songs that have these weak performances with like the dumbest lyrics and predictable song structures (I blame TikTok even though I am a Gen Z kid lol).

Instead of recording the songs on a computer, I used a TASCAM DP-24SD multitrack recorder and an ALESIS SR-18 drum machine to make the songs. After I make the songs on the drum machine I record guitar with my real rig and then saxophone for the melodies. The goal I had with this is that I wanted to focus more on the performance rather than the production. While there might be some mistakes in the recordings I didn't let it affect my mojo. After the recordings, I mix the songs on the multitrack then master them with T-Racks 5 MAX.

If you like what you heard, I have a linktree to all the major streaming platforms here.

Also, If anyone has any questions about the project I'd be happy to answer your reply.

Thank you guys so much for the support on this forum! You guys are part of the reason why I want to make music.

Have a good one! :D

--Steve
"Dancing is forbidden." -Master Shake
veno_mk._1

Re: Steve Peck - SAXTREME

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:33 am

Hey Steve,

I listened to all 10 tracks and what a treat…..very, very impressive! :o
There’s super breadth among them but yet make a cohesive album….you should be proud.

A few tracks harken to Paint Bomb (and, no shade on the rest of the band, but I get the distinct sense you’re a linchpin of those efforts) and I am particularly enthralled with:

Mega City - starts off like an 80’s video game but morphs into this wonderful, jazzy thing… reminds me of listening to Sanborn in the mid-to-late-80’s. Super movements & choice guitar licks too!

Tidal Waves in the Plains - the bombastic drum intro launches into a superb worldly experience and I’m a sucker for stuff that’s got that flavour

For Loss - simply exquisite…..smoky and urban.

It’s very cool that you not only took on generating this offering, I assume all on your own, but added the element of getting out of the box using the drum m/c and digital board - good on ya! Sounds are solid and mix is great so the production doesn’t get in the way of the performances at all IMO.

Again, you should be very proud of this and I’d highly recommend any forum member reading this far to head over and check some of these tracks out! ;)

Keep up the phenomenal effort!
Michael

PS - is there any chance the open HH in “Anthem of the What” is a sampled vocal ‘cus, man, it sounds so much like somebody beatboxed that vs a drum m/c. Cool. 8-)
mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby danwilson5 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:09 pm

Hi Steve,

WOW! Great track. Congrats on finishing your album. I agree with Michael, there is a lot to be learned listening to your tracks. 2 Thumbs up.

Dan
danwilson5

Postby CrazySchmidt » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:26 am

Hey brother, I hear you!

I hear your attack, I hear your emotion, I hear your belief with what your're doing!!!

Dude, I believe every note you play, for me it's the most honest thing I've heard, it's beautiful, it is art, it feels like home.

So glad you found the IK channel dude. Oh and let's rock with everything we've got!!

CS. :)
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Return to The Jam Session