License transfer

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

License transfer

Postby lovestream » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:10 pm

I'm thinking of selling some of my licenses to IKM products and would like to be able to give a potential buyer a rather detailed description of the transfer procedure in order to make that buyer - and myself - feel comfortable about the deal.

In that regard, I must say I find the information provided here somewhat inadequate. Chances are of course that I've missed something but II've read what I could find on this page about license transfering and there are still some questions that remain :

1. What will actually happen when I insert my License Transfer Credit code and hit the transfer button ?
Will that be the point where I lose my license and will the buyer simply take over my serial # ?

2. I bought Amplitube 3 download version as an upgrade from Amp 2. On my authorization page, Amp 3 appears to be a fully funcional application by its own. So, if I sell the license to Amp3, will the buyer have access to the full version or only the upgrade ?
I've asked the support about this but haven't received an answer.

I'd be very thankful if anyone with experience would bother helping me with this. If I do decide to sell I want to do it in a proper way.

Thanks and best regards from...
Erik
lovestream

Re: License transfer

Postby Obitheincredible » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:28 pm

We have a well written FAQ section of the site explaining this.
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby lovestream » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:47 am

I read that section before posting and to me it just indicates that you as a seller should wait to hit the transfer button, until you've got a buyer.

I'm afraid I still don't feel informed enough to actually put my stuff on sale.
lovestream

Postby Obitheincredible » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:02 pm

If you have any additional questions please contact support for 1 on 1 help with the license transfer process.
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby molecola » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:31 pm

similar situation for me: i bought ARC as a crossgrade from -i think- t-racks and later ARC2 as an upgrade from former ARC. in my user area i got the two separate licenses and the products appear to be fully working, should the buyer own another licensed IK software as well? is it still a crossgrade? thanks.
molecola

Postby oli_34160 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:10 pm

Hi.
I'm a buyer of used IK product with a LTC from the seller. Where do I register LTC for seing the product on my user area ? I'm trying with Authorization manager and it don't work. the app don't recognize the LTC serial number.
Thanks for your help
oli_34160

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:00 pm

Have a good read through the FAQ:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1111

The Seller uses the LTC to remove the serial number from his/her account; after that the Buyer can register the product Serial Number through the Authorisation Manager.

So you need to get that Serial Number.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby oli_34160 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:06 pm

Hi
Yes. I saw that FAQ after my request. I have done registering my product with it help.
Thanks
oli_34160

Return to General Discussions