iRig Pre 2 - Audio Technica A2020 - GoPro

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

iRig Pre 2 - Audio Technica A2020 - GoPro

Postby davemcculloughmusic » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:33 pm

I am using the iRig Pre 2 with an Audio Technica A2020 mic and a GoPro. I have the iRig Recorder app on my iphone and have used it to record video but I don't like the video from iphone I want to use the GoPro.

So here is the question, how do I use the iRig Pre 2 with the Audio Technica A2020 mic and the GoPro all together? Ideally I want to be able to make adjustments to the sound on the app while using the GoPro to record the video. Is this possible? Maybe I am doing something incorrectly.
davemcculloughmusic

Re: iRig Pre 2 - Audio Technica A2020 - GoPro

Postby thomaswhite » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:41 am

Hello, To use the iRig Pre 2, Audio Technica A2020 microphone, and GoPro together while making adjustments to the sound on the app, you can follow these steps:

1. Connect the Audio Technica A2020 microphone to the iRig Pre 2. Make sure the microphone is securely plugged into the XLR input on the iRig Pre 2.

2. Launch the iRig Recorder app on your iPhone. If you haven't done so already, download and install the app from the App Store.

3. Once the app is open, go to the app's settings and ensure that the iRig Pre 2 is selected as the audio input device. You may need to navigate through the app's settings or preferences to find this option.

4. Now, turn on your GoPro and set it up to record video. Make sure the GoPro is positioned and framed correctly for your recording.

5. Start recording on the GoPro and simultaneously start recording audio in the iRig Recorder app on your iPhone.

6. During the recording, you can make adjustments to the sound using the iRig Recorder app. The app should provide controls for adjusting the gain, EQ, and other audio settings. Explore the app's interface to access these options.

7. After you finish recording, you can import the video from the GoPro and the audio from the iRig Recorder app into video editing software on your computer. In the editing software, you can synchronize the audio and video tracks to align them properly.
thomaswhite

Return to General Discussions