Using a TONEX pedal to a combo amp

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Using a TONEX pedal to a combo amp

Postby LenLewis64 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:37 am

I just purchased a TONEX pedal and plan on buying a FRS to go with it later on for gigging. But for the time being I wanted to use my pedal with a Peavey Classic 50 Combo amp.

So far the results have not been very good. I was hoping to find some guidance on the best way this can be accomplished for a decent tone. Please tell me the best way to connect and the parameters that will yield the best results. My amp does have an effects loop.

I appreciate any advise!

Thank you!
Len L.
LenLewis64

Re: Using a TONEX pedal to a combo amp

Postby LenLewis64 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:54 am

Since I didn't have any replies to my question I thought I might let someone else know how I made out.
The best sound I was able to get using my TONEX PEDAL with my tube abp was to connect directly to the Effects Return from the output of the Tonex. Although I found it quite limited. Naturally, the tones that were most similar to my combo amp's platform seemed to sound the best when using the Peavey Combo's cabinet. I felt like I was under utilizing the Tonex since I couldn't take advantage of the different cab tones.
I did end up purchasing a Fender FR-12 FRFR Speaker to use with the pedal, and I'm much happier with the results and broad range of tones available.
I hope this helps someone else going down the same road!
Len L.
LenLewis64

Return to General Discussions