Sampletank 4 stand alone mix down

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Sampletank 4 stand alone mix down

Postby blastinsounds » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:43 pm

Does anyone know the correct procedure for mixing down tracks 1-16 on Sample
Tank 4,Stand alone version?
blastinsounds

Re: Sampletank 4 stand alone mix down

Postby darkogav » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:22 am

What do you mean?
darkogav

Postby blastinsounds » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:04 pm

What I mean is can I use all 16 tracks and save them as a multi. And take the saved multi to to my presonus studio one 5 and place the midi from saved multi and place them on midi tracks, and use audio tracks to record vocals and background vocals. After I save the recorded vocals can I mix them down to wav file or mp3 and send wav file to cd baby or radio airplay, to release it as a song?
blastinsounds

Postby darkogav » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:47 pm

You can do this but you can't export or save to wave in ST.

FWIW.. the way I use it is I change the outputs to different tracks in the DAW and then within the DAW I export the stems to wave tracks. Then re-import into a separate mix session for mixing. I don't have my full install, but it sort of looks like this. Different DAWs work differently, but it should be similar. Sort of like how you do Kontakt outputs. But actually much simpler and easier with IKM SampleTank.

You could also just export the master track in DAW but you would have to do all your mixing in ST which I am not sure is as flexible as using a dedicated DAW. Hope that helps.
darkogav

Postby blastinsounds » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:22 pm

Thanks for the update.
blastinsounds

Return to General Discussions