Only piano sounds available - what am I doing wrong?

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Only piano sounds available - what am I doing wrong?

Postby mjaaron » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:32 pm

I'm new to all this and have spent two weeks trying to install Sample Tank 4 to my laptop. I can now get piano sounds but pretty much every other instrument comes up with an error message "Instrument ST4 error. Cannot locate Tank at path 'C:/Users/Public/Documents/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4/Samples/SampleTank 4/Horn Section/Trumpet_1/Crescendo/Slow/Slow.pak'."

I'm starting to lose my mind trying to fix this, I've spent SO long clicking on various downloads but nothing works - if anyone could help, I'd be extremely grateful!
mjaaron

Re: Only piano sounds available - what am I doing wrong?

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:39 pm

Have you installed the SampleTank 4 sound from the "Sounds" area of your IK Product Manager? Sounds like that may not have happened.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Only piano sounds available - what am I doing wrong?

Postby DarkStar » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:18 pm

Indeed.

First check: is this file on disk?
'C:/Users/Public/Documents/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4/Samples/SampleTank 4/Horn Section/Trumpet_1/Crescendo/Slow/Slow.pak'."

How big is this folder and its contents?
How many files?
C:/Users/Public/Documents/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4/Samples"
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to General Discussions