many problems with IK product manager 1.0.7

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

many problems with IK product manager 1.0.7

Postby Elzetoelo » Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:55 pm

HI. Yesterday I installed the new update of ik product manager (1.0.7) on my new hard drive, and I have many problems, it does not allow me to install my software, I try to install Tracks 5 or Sampletank and I always get queued and I have nothing else installing, but it never starts to install, on the other hand I had 10 software authorizations and suddenly I only have 5 or 4, and I have only used 1 of the 10 authorizations, has anyone had these problems???
Elzetoelo

Re: many problems with IK product manager 1.0.7

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:00 pm

Please check in the Settings that your download location is a folder that exists and that is writeable by IK Product Manager. If that does not fix your issue please open a ticket with IK Support.

With regard to authorizations, IK Support will also tell you this:
As you may have noticed, the maximum number of authorizations per IK product has been changed from 10 to 5.

Although our EULA limits the installation of our software to 3 devices, in the past there was no way to unauthorize licenses so we increased the number of authorizations provided as a workaround to save you the trouble of contacting support each time the limit would have been reached.

Since IK’s new Product Manager introduced the ability for users to manage authorizations, including removing and re-activating them at will, we have reverted to our system to previous behavior. With the ability to unauthorize as needed, you should never reach the limit of your authorizations.

In the rare case this does happen, please just contact us and we’ll take care of you as always.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby arcoxx » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:39 am

How do I know if it is writable by IK Product Manager tho?
arcoxx

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:37 pm

arcoxx wrote:How do I know if it is writable by IK Product Manager tho?

You can check folder permissions in your operating system, there are properties about read and write permissions available.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby sjone2000 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:20 pm

The default download folder is: /Documents/IK Multimedia/IK Product manager, but you can set a preferred download folder in the preference menu (see Settings menu chapter).
sjone2000

Return to General Discussions