Prevent installer from using C drive at all for downloads

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Prevent installer from using C drive at all for downloads

Postby Archer6621 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:29 am

Hello, I have a bit of an issue with installing the sounds for Sampletank 4. For some reason, even after setting the download path to another drive than my C drive, the installer still fills up the C drive with samples, specifically at "C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4\Samples".

I've searched some topics on the forums about this, but this specific issue I could not find a solution for.

It makes me completely unable to install Sampletank 4, as the C drive fills up every time and the installer just halts, even after clearing up some space. Is anyone aware of a way to prevent it from doing this?

EDIT: It seems that the installer is able to continue from where it left off, so that's at least something. Still if anyone knows a solution, it's useful for future installations.
Archer6621

Re: Prevent installer from using C drive at all for download

Postby Archer6621 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:41 pm

So it appears that the installer completely ignores the fact that I tell it to install the sounds in some particular folder, and instead fills up my C drive in that folder I mentioned above. It has installed exactly 0 samples into the folder I specified with the "install to..." option.

EDIT: Okay, it seems to be doing something, now that I've completely reset it and tried again, problem solved I guess :D
Archer6621

Postby DarkStar » Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:52 pm

[Written before your reply above]

The path you have changed is the one that the IKPM uses for the downloaded files, not for the installed files.

You can install the sounds libraries (for SampleTank, Syntronik, SampleTron etc) into any location in two ways;
(a) Install the software only using the IKPM. Run the standalone program and in its preference settings, set the desired folder to the sound content (the sounds library), for example X:/Libraries/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4). Run the IKPM again and install the sounds library - the IKPM should pick up that desired destination (if not, report that bug to Technical Support).

(b) Install the software only using the IKPM. Go the the relevant sound library entry, and select "More options", then "Install to" and select the desired folder (you may need to create it).

If you have already installed the sounds library, then you can move it all to your desired location, then run the standalone program and in its preference settings, specify that folder.

[I recommend using the standalone program, rather than the plug-in, to avoid any possible complications from using a DAW.)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Archer6621 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:12 pm

DarkStar wrote:[Written before your reply above]

The path you have changed is the one that the IKPM uses for the downloaded files, not for the installed files.

You can install the sounds libraries (for SampleTank, Syntronik, SampleTron etc) into any location in two ways;
(a) Install the software only using the IKPM. Run the standalone program and in its preference settings, set the desired folder to the sound content (the sounds library), for example X:/Libraries/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4). Run the IKPM again and install the sounds library - the IKPM should pick up that desired destination (if not, report that bug to Technical Support).

(b) Install the software only using the IKPM. Go the the relevant sound library entry, and select "More options", then "Install to" and select the desired folder (you may need to create it).

If you have already installed the sounds library, then you can move it all to your desired location, then run the standalone program and in its preference settings, specify that folder.

[I recommend using the standalone program, rather than the plug-in, to avoid any possible complications from using a DAW.)

Thank you anyway for the reply :) , didn't know about (a).
Archer6621

Return to General Discussions