Don't let your TONEX library file get too big

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Don't let your TONEX library file get too big

Postby CACOrange07 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:15 pm

If you are like me and saved most of the ToneX amp and pedal models then take caution.
I had been suffering from big lag using ToneX models in AT5 presets, it would take 150 seconds or more to load a preset that contained 3 toneX amps and a pedal.

Support wasn't able to give me a solution and finally said it must be your computer.

I bought another computer and it worked fine, until I copied over the presets from AT5 and the ToneX library.db file, which contains the data of the amp and pedal models you download. Then the issue was just as bad on this new laptop, which is a gaming laptop with a Core i7 processor, 16gb HHD AND 500 SSD, so I knew the issue was not the computer but rather one or both of those files.

I noted the ToneX library file was huge, it was 90GB. I admittedly saved a lot of amp models and most pedals. But at no time did IK Mulimedia warn us of any issues surrounding saving too many amps models, so I figured what the hey, lets just save anything that sounded okay.
Long story short, It was concluded the ToneX library file was the issue so I had to delete the library file, as there is no way of getting into it and deleting specific models.

So now I am having to start from scratch on saving almost 6 months of peoples uploads but this time I'm being much more selettive on what I save.

I cant tell you what the ToneX file size was when the problem started but I am guessing around 60GB. Considering this technology has only be available to us for 6 months, it does not have a long term ability, so be very selective on what models you save since you can't edit the file afterwards.

Conclusion is, I went and spent a bunch of money on a bigger and better computer when it was the file that was the problem all along. So, I guess I will have to decide to keep both laptops, or sell one or the other and be very selective on what models I will save from here on.
CACOrange07

Re: Don't let your TONEX library file get too big

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:26 pm

The Library.db is a very small file even with many Tone Models downloaded. If yours is 90GB that's not correct. Please supply your ticket number and I'll have somebody review it.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:30 pm

Please try again next time you post here with less anger, more civility and respect for others. Thanks.

I verified by using TONEX since before it was released and downloading a TON and by consulting our Testing Manager.

Please provide your ticket number by PM since this thread will now be locked due to the aggressive post that had to be removed.

Edit - the team found the ticket and will review and figure out what's going on for you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:28 pm

Additional information: Note that the library file provided was 90MB and not 90GB (whew!), just to clarify and breathe a bit of a sigh of relief). The TONEX library does not grow to gigabytes in size. 90MB is not large. Support is aware and will continue to assist with this particular issue. Thanks.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to General Discussions