Original presets when swapping computer.

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Original presets when swapping computer.

Postby howard9167 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:13 pm

Swapped out my computer. Installed my Product Manager and all my IK stuff. Including Amplitube 5 Max. Opened it and there are no presets. Not even a "Default". IK's site shows the presets in the Product Manager. I go there, and am instantly disappointed. I've been using Amplitube since Amplitube Metal was on a disk. Don't get me wrong, there are some great presets there, but where's the rest. Where's Hendrix, all the Fenders, Boogies, Oranges, etc. So here's the hack that I had to pull. I break out the old computer, find the IK presets folder and copy them to a flash drive. I was even able to pull my own original presets. Now, I know with the new tech, and in program preset exchange, there's a multitude of presets at our fingertips. But if I want a good starting point for a Leslie setup, I'm starting with theirs. Hopefully this helps anyone that has been in a similar situation. And BTW, just in case you've swapped to Windows 11. They put all the IK stuff in the Documents folder. Thanks.
howard9167

Return to General Discussions