"not enough space to download sounds"

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

"not enough space to download sounds"

Postby Jevisemal83 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:21 pm

Hi, Ihave an issue,
When I want to install sounds of Miroslav Philharmonic 2, I have this message "not enough space to download sounds".
But I have 230G of free space on my hard disk.
Could you help me please?
Jevisemal83

Re: "not enough space to download sounds"

Postby Jevisemal83 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:10 am

English:
I found the solution to my problem on my own.
Go to the "Preferences" menu at the top right of the window in "IK Multimedia Product Manager" and select your hard drive from the "Downloads Folder" menu where you want to install your "Sounds".

Français:
J'ai trouver tout seul la solution à mon problème.
Allez dans le menu "Preferences" en haut de la fenêtre à droite dans "IK Multimedia Product Manager" et sélectionner votre disque dur dans le menu "Downloads Folder" où vous voulez installer vos "Sounds".
Jevisemal83

Re: "not enough space to download sounds"

Postby DarkStar » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:45 pm

... Not quite.

IKPM uses the specified folder for the downloads. When an installer is run by the IKPM the destination folder(s) for the software (and sounds ibraries) is controlled by the installer. I generally let the installer use the default locations for the software. Then, if needed, I run the stand-alone program and set the sounds library folder in the software's Preference Settings. I then run the IKPM again and download/install the sounds library - the IKPM picks up the destination folder for the library from the Preference Settings. Or in IKPM for the sounds library you can select "... More options", then "Install to..." and select the destination folder there.

Also, once you have installed the software or library you can back up the download files in IKPM's downloads folder to an archive disk then delete them from that folder.

===================================
Depuis Google Traduction :

... Pas assez.

IKPM utilise le dossier spécifié pour les téléchargements. Lorsqu'un programme d'installation est exécuté par l'IKPM, le ou les dossiers de destination du logiciel (et des bibliothèques de sons) sont contrôlés par le programme d'installation. Je laisse généralement le programme d'installation utiliser les emplacements par défaut pour le logiciel. Ensuite, si nécessaire, je lance le programme autonome et configure le dossier de la bibliothèque de sons dans les paramètres de préférence du logiciel. Je lance ensuite à nouveau l'IKPM et télécharge/installe la bibliothèque de sons - l'IKPM récupère le dossier de destination de la bibliothèque à partir des paramètres de préférence. Ou dans IKPM pour la bibliothèque de sons, vous pouvez sélectionner "... Plus d'options", puis "Installer dans..." et y sélectionner le dossier de destination.

De plus, une fois que vous avez installé le logiciel ou la bibliothèque, vous pouvez sauvegarder les fichiers téléchargés dans le dossier de téléchargement d'IKPM sur un disque d'archive, puis les supprimer de ce dossier.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to General Discussions