Play Guitar with Videos with iRig and Amplitube?

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Play Guitar with Videos with iRig and Amplitube?

Postby DavidWell12 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:53 am

I'm using the iRig HD 2 with Amplitube 5 and maybe T-Racks 5 and TONEX. I'm still trying to figure out what's what.
Am I able to play guitar along with videos using any of the above software with iRig either directly from youtube or files saved as MP4s from youtube in a player like VLC or another media player? I would like to be able to view the videos while playing. I would like to hear my guitar and the audio from the videos through the iRig. I'm using headphones which probably doesn't have any bearing on my question.
Any suggestions will be appreciated. Any recommendations of sites and/or videos regarding my question will also be appreciated.
I'm new to the iRig and Amplitube and the software that came with it. I'm also new to this forum and am not sure if this is the right place for my question. I'm hoping this is not considered a tech support question. Please let me know if I should go somewhere else with my question. I did spend some time browsing the posts but might have missed an answer to my question.
I have also purchased the IK Multimedia AmpliTube 5 MAX Software Suite, btw. The answer to my question is probably the same for the "free" version.
Thank you.
DavidWell12

Re: Play Guitar with Videos with iRig and Amplitube?

Postby DavidWell12 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:50 am

Apparently, all I had to do was choose ASIO. That didn't work until I installed a driver. It's working now. Feel free to delete this post unless it might help someone else. Thanks for reading.
DavidWell12

Postby Alexi200 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:30 pm

If you also want to do this on iOS i can highly recommend the app Anytune. It allows you to Mix a backing track according to your guitaroutput and you can slow down the backingtrack, shift the pitch, build loops and some more usefull stuff. There also is a Lite version available.
Alexi200

Postby DavidWell12 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:08 pm

Thanks, Alexi200. I might try that in the future after upgrading my iPhone.
DavidWell12

Return to General Discussions