No Sound in Headphones - sorry for millionth time!

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

No Sound in Headphones - sorry for millionth time!

Postby TomasBarak363 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:55 am

Using the Focusrite Scarlet Mini and just want to play the guitar into Amplitube 5. I see the input and output levels jumping around in Ampli when I strum the strings but no audio is making its way to my headphones. I've got the latest mini's drivers and tried messing with the input/out to channel 1 and 2 trick, read the forums and scoured the internet for answers (even checked the settings file) but so far nada. I also played around with the sound settings in my Win10 but annoying silence. Any suggestions would be very appreciated!
TomasBarak363

Re: No Sound in Headphones - sorry for millionth time!

Postby CACOrange07 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:57 pm

Do your headphones have there own volume control?
Make sure your headphones are plugged into the Headphone jack and not the speaker output jack
Check your headphones on another device to make sure they are working
CACOrange07

Re: No Sound in Headphones - sorry for millionth time!

Postby TomasBarak363 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:40 pm

Thanks Orange. Its was a simple matter of plugging the headphones into the Focusrite unit rather than the computer as you said.

Of course there isn't a lick of information in any of the literature to tell you this. Also the headphone jack on the Focusrite is 1/4" whereas as most sets these days are a mini plug so I needed to buy an adapter. It got better once I tried to connect the Focusrite to Audacity. I ended up running a stereo mini to stereo mini from the FR headphone out to the line in on the computer and after messing with the audio properties on the computer I was able make it all work. In the end I was able to connect my headphones to the computer for monitoring. Again nothing in the manual and nothing on-line to explain the process. Guess the problem solving is half the fun. Thanks again!
TomasBarak363

Return to General Discussions