IK Manager just "Freezes" when trying to download

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

IK Manager just "Freezes" when trying to download

Postby JesterMgee0 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:30 pm

So just invested in Sampletank and Syntronic Max, downloaded the Manager and it will not install anything.

Windows 11 Pro

When I launch (Normally or as admin) and click DOWNLOAD on any product in my account the software then freezes and becomes non responsive. I have managed to authorize the product but WHY is there not a backup download option?
This isn't a good start when you cannot even download the product. Have submitted aa ticket so hope someone will contact me soon and resolve this issue.
JesterMgee0

Re: IK Manager just "Freezes" when trying to download

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:57 pm

I replied in your other post.

There is an alternative download method, but it would be best to let Technical Support diagnose and resolve the problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby JesterMgee0 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:38 am

Well have not been able to get this issue resolved. Back and forth with support and there is no solution offered that works, the manager simply locks up any time I click Install on any product no matter what I do. I have now tried:

- Disable "Automatically Authorize product"
- Tried setting download location to different drives: C:\Temp, D:\Temp, E:\Temp
- Tried running manager as Admin
- Tried disable all firewalls and windows defender
- Done a full uninstall and reinstall

Tried everything I can think of and what has been suggested. Issue cannot be resolved so I have been told (3 weeks ago) that they would send a USB install drive but still no word on if that has been sent or not. I did download all the content manually from my account (well, what worked for downloads anyway) and this took a good week to do at the speed I have and the fact there are at least 500 zip files but now confused and overwhelmed at what to even install for what.

Hoping to just get this USB drive as it would be so much easier and way less frustrating
JesterMgee0

Postby JesterMgee0 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:07 am

So I have been happy with the support so far, just the products I am frustrated with!

Support were not able to resolve the issues with this download manager failing to install anything so sent me a USB drive which was nice....

However, I have plugged this drive in, I hear the USB connection sound and that is it. No USB appears in my computer and when I try and view the manager > disk devices it again is just frozen until I disconnect the USB. Have attempted this USB on both a Win10 and Win11 machine

I can only laugh at this point, this has been the most painful and time consuming process to install a product I have ever had. I have managed to download some of the products manually from my account but am pretty disappointed and frustrated at this point that neither the download manager or the USB option are even working for me. Guess I strap on my waiting cap for some more possible solutions....
JesterMgee0

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:38 pm

Sorry to hear that. Please let IK Support know as they'll be able to help you with the USB stick issues you are having.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby JesterMgee0 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:19 pm

Yeah not sure they can help solve the issue other than send a new one (tho confidence in that working is pretty low at this stage), seems the drive is somehow dead/corrupt. I have sent a query, waiting to hear back.

On my windows 10 machine it appeared after about 5 minutes of being connected but is not accessible, it just freezes the explorer when trying to access it.

So I tried a scan/repair on the thing, after 2 hours it still had not even progressed so left it overnight and then this morning it just said "There was a problem with this device, unable to scan"

Problem is it's been weeks now and i'm having to manually download, unzip and install hundreds of zips and try manage a backup of all this for future. Just a lot of time I have to spend on something so trivial.
JesterMgee0

Return to General Discussions