extremely slow download speeds with product manager

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

extremely slow download speeds with product manager

Postby manisnotabird » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:41 am

It has been under 1 mb/second mostly and never over 2 mb/s. Just tested my connection speed at 50mb/s. It is also very frequently pausing my download!
manisnotabird

Re: extremely slow download speeds with product manager

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:47 am

Strange I just updated TONEX on a machine that I hadn't yet updated, over wifi, and I was getting around 18-20 MB per second here. I wonder if there's something happening between you and the download location? It might be something that your provider can look into if this persists or if you are familiar with some basic troubleshooting like traceroute it might be a good idea to do a traceroute to see if the connection stalls at a certain hop along the way.

If you don't have any luck, I'd suggest contacting IK Support and they can help you directly. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby manisnotabird » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:45 am

Peter_IK wrote:Strange I just updated TONEX on a machine that I hadn't yet updated, over wifi, and I was getting around 18-20 MB per second here. I wonder if there's something happening between you and the download location? It might be something that your provider can look into if this persists or if you are familiar with some basic troubleshooting like traceroute it might be a good idea to do a traceroute to see if the connection stalls at a certain hop along the way.

If you don't have any luck, I'd suggest contacting IK Support and they can help you directly. Thanks!

Not sure why I would only be having this problem with the IK Product Manager. No problem streaming HD videos from YouTube or HBOMax. No problem downloading content from the Native Instruments or Arturia installers. No noticeable slowness browsing the internet.
manisnotabird

Postby manisnotabird » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:17 pm

Like, you have to be kidding me with this:

manisnotabird

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:20 pm

You don't take the same exact trip ("hops") from your location to every site in the world, they are all different. That's why I suggested traceroutes, working with your provider, and/or IK Support as the IK Product Manager does seem to be providing fast download speeds for others. I know it is frustrating, but please reach out to those that can provide more assistance and I'm sure they can figure out what's going on.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Bamalong102 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:03 am

This issue is affecting the Mac .dmg files. The windows files are downloading quickly, but the .dmg files are running at close to modem speeds. Can someone please check the server that the Mac files are stored on? Or is there a secondary location to get these files?
Bamalong102

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:09 pm

Bamalong102 wrote:This issue is affecting the Mac .dmg files. The windows files are downloading quickly, but the .dmg files are running at close to modem speeds. Can someone please check the server that the Mac files are stored on? Or is there a secondary location to get these files?

IK uses a CDN for distributed delivery of all of the files regardless of whether they are zip or dmg. Please reach out to IK Support who would be able to look into your issue in more detail directly with you and with access to your account etc. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to General Discussions