I can't find my downloaded sounds

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

I can't find my downloaded sounds

Postby ronniez28 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:57 am

I purchased "Total Studio 3.5 Max" and am having trouble getting the sounds that I download through "IK Multimedia Manager" to be found by "SampleTank 4". I followed the instructions to a tee and it is not working.

I downloaded the sound to the default folder that IK Manager told me to use. According to the instructions, once I do this I am supposed to be able to "Relaunch" Sampletank 4 (Hope that means just close and reopen the program cause that is what I am doing) and then the new sound should be there. When I do that I am not seeing the most recent sounds that I have downloaded.

I was originally trying to download American Acoustic and could not get it to work so then I tried to download Brandenburg Piano and also couldn't get it to show up. Right before sending this message I tried one more time with NRG and that one showed up in SampleTank 4 so I know I am doing the process correctly. Why aren't the other (2) sounds showing up in SampleTank 4?

I really appreciate any help on this issue. Thank you!
ronniez28

Re: I can't find my downloaded sounds

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:10 am

The IK Product Manager ("IKPM") handles both the download AND the installation of the sounds libraries. Did you see those stages reported in the IKPM for each of the 3 libraries?

The IKPM should install the sound libraries into the folder set in the software's Preference settings. it may be that, for some reason, some of the libraries have been installed somewhere you did not expect.

run a Search of your whole system for folders named "Instruments" and see what they contain. That should tell you where the 3 libraries are. Also check the file extensions of the instrument files - are they .st4i or .st3i or some of each?

Which Total Studio 3.5 Max software products have you installed so far? Only ST4? And finally, what path is set in ST4's Preference Settings / Sound Content?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ronniez28 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:10 am

Thank You so much Dark Star!
I think I have this part of things figured out as I have downloaded AmpliTube 5, SampleTank 4 and a few more.

If you don't mind another question-------------, is there a way to use the instruments in ST4 like: Terry Bossio drums, American Acoustic etc as VSTs right into my DAW tracks (Mixcraft 9pro) without having to open up ST4. I would like to just add some of these instruments and processors right in to my DAWs VST list. I'm guessing probably not, but hopefully it's not too ridiculous of a question. As I'm sure you can tell, I'm super super ignorant on all this tech stuff, but I love it.
Thanks Again!

PS: An FYI, the problem to my original question was my Authorization page was outdated. As soon as I updated it, all was good.
ronniez28

Postby DarkStar » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:31 pm

No, it's not a daft question - others have asked similar questions in the past.

Terry Bozzio drums, American Acoustic etc are sounds libraries consisting of "instrument definition" files and compacted (encrypted?) sample files. ST4 is the "player" for these sounds. The only way they can be used in a DAW is to load ST4 onto a track and load the desired instrument into ST4. You can always name your track in the DAW to reflect the instrument that you have loaded.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ronniez28 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:55 pm

Thanks Again Dark Star,
That's kind of what I figured but I thought I would inquire. I'm slowly figuring all this tech stuff out.
ronniez28

Postby ronniez28 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:59 pm

Hi Homephix_co00,
Regarding my original question, the entire problem for sounds (at least for me) missing out of ST4 was that my authorization status was outdated so I updated it and that seemed to fix it (so far). My 2nd question was being able to use the sounds in ST4 on their own as a single plugin on a track and the answer is no.
Hope this helps!
ronniez28

Return to General Discussions