beginners problems

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

beginners problems

Postby 5613Hilfikon » Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:53 pm

Hello
I purchased iRig IO 49 and I own a brand new MacBook Air MacBook Air (M2, 2022) running Monterey 12.6
I am running Garage Band, latest release.
I connected my iRig keys IO and started Garage Band.
I can play tunes.
However, I do have the following troubles:
- the Control Buttons on the iRig keys IO hardware do not create any action on Garage Band
- I tried to upgrade the Firmware of the iRig keys IO hardware but I am getting an error messages as follows:

Firmware update started. The operation could take several minutes...
ERROR: Firmware update failed!
Please close and restart the application or contact IK MULTIMEDIA technical support
Firmware update finished with ERRORS!
Now you can disconnect iRig Keys IO 49.

I cannot connect with IK Multimedia - the website only shows FAQ but no-one to connect to, no e-mail address, etc.

Could anyone please let me know how to get my iRig keys IO hardware to work with Garage Band.
Thanks a million

Josef
5613Hilfikon

Re: beginners problems

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:30 pm

5613Hilfikon wrote:I cannot connect with IK Multimedia - the website only shows FAQ but no-one to connect to, no e-mail address, etc.

Hi, sorry to hear you are having trouble. The IK Support page first has you search the FAQ then if you don't find your solution you'll see a button/link to contact support which will open a ticket with one of our reps. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby 5613Hilfikon » Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:26 pm

Thank you for the hint - indeed, I could get in touch with tech support but unfortunately, the problem was not solved really. I still cannot control the playhead of GarageBand with the the DATA/VOLUME controller on the iRig keys I/O 49. Tech support gave me a test to check the latest firmware version

Please do this below and confirm on the unit.
Press the ALT button > Then Preset button > Scroll using the Data knob, do you have a preset at F06 listed?
If you DO then you are fully updated and you do not need the firmware.

I did and have the F06 listed so I do not seem to need the firmware upgrade -- however, it is odd that the firmware uploader does not tell the user right away.

I am struggling with another issue (iRig stops working after about 60min) but this is another story.
Kind regards
Josef
5613Hilfikon

Postby DarkStar » Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:47 pm

Please reply to the Support email saying that the suggestions were unsuccessful and ask for further advice.

And report your other issue on a separate Ticket.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby 5613Hilfikon » Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:57 am

OK - I will - thank you for the hint.
Josef
5613Hilfikon

Postby homephix08 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:04 am

Hello community. I am not sure if my problem needs to be dealt with technically but I am facing a trouble while signing in to IKmultimedia. whenever I log out and then try to log in again, always, the interface shows that my password is incorrect. After three or four attempts with the same password I finally get in. Please tell me what am I doing wrong. Thank you so much already.
homephix08

Postby 5613Hilfikon » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:46 am

Regarding the control possibilities and my initial problem I found a few entries on GOOGLE: it seems that controlling the play head with the iRig Keys I/O when using Garage Band on the Mac is NOT possible. It seems that the controls only work with iPads and iPhones using Garage Band but not with MacBooks. Can you confirm?
5613Hilfikon

Postby 5613Hilfikon » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:48 am

homephix08 wrote:Hello community. I am not sure if my problem needs to be dealt with technically but I am facing a trouble while signing in to IKmultimedia. whenever I log out and then try to log in again, always, the interface shows that my password is incorrect. After three or four attempts with the same password I finally get in. Please tell me what am I doing wrong. Thank you so much already.

I do not have this problem at all - logins work fine - but my device has other issues not related to the website. - It may be your browser and cookies it is using - or the browser alltogether. I am using Firefox and this works fine. Kind regards
Josef
5613Hilfikon

Postby hurrell.paul@gmail.com » Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:43 am

homephix08 wrote:Hello community. I am not sure if my problem needs to be dealt with technically but I am facing a trouble while signing in to IKmultimedia. whenever I log out and then try to log in again, always, the interface shows that my password is incorrect. After three or four attempts with the same password I finally get in. Please tell me what am I doing wrong. Thank you so much already.

Im just starting with AmpliTube 5 and I'm having the same problem. Have had to update my password four time now.
hurrell.paul@gmail.com

Postby Davebass58 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:28 pm

This thing doesn’t work! Really annoying watching all these videos about set up etc nothing! No sound only some microphone noise in the background! I’ve got some one that works with computers to set it up ! Really pissed now !
Davebass58

Return to General Discussions