To “Leslie Collection" or not.

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

To “Leslie Collection" or not.

Postby wdmalone74 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:09 pm

Love my Hammond B3-X. Also own the Leslie Collection. However at what point do you need to add the L.C. to the signal chain? I use gigperformer 4.5 as my host but candidly find that the Leslie configuration with the B3-X to be more than adequate for most of my playing. I’m aware that the "Collection" provides more options but as yet I haven’t found a need to use it. I am an experienced musician but I’m definitely a noob with the vst and host world.
wdmalone74

Re: To “Leslie Collection" or not.

Postby wdmalone74 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:46 pm

Found my answer. The topic was addressed in the midi controller section. I couldn't find it as the subject was listed under Hammond T-Racks. My search criteria was too limiting. Which led to reading every post in the Hammond software. Ugh.

I didn't need to buy the collection. :lol:
wdmalone74

Postby Daviddtcmusic1 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:09 pm

So you didn't need them? I'm in that place now. I'm going to be playing lots of Deep Purple but do I need to pay an extra 100 Euros for the Leslie Collection? Probably not.
Daviddtcmusic1

Postby darkogav » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:38 pm

Daviddtcmusic1 wrote:So you didn't need them? I'm in that place now. I'm going to be playing lots of Deep Purple but do I need to pay an extra 100 Euros for the Leslie Collection? Probably not.

I don't know if you need them -- but the Leslie has a lot more cabs than whats in Hammond from what I can tell.

- Leslie 122
- Leslie 122A
- Leslie 147
- Leslie 3300w
- Leslie G37
- Leslie Studio 12
darkogav

Postby Daviddtcmusic1 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:48 pm

If I find I need them later I suppose I could just buy separately. Glad I saw your post though, cheers!
Daviddtcmusic1

Postby darkogav » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:03 pm

Maybe I am wrong. I just checked the Hammond manual. Looks like they are all there as well. So maybe its a difference of the controls and interface to the cabs. ??

7.3.1 – Amplifier Selector
Choose the amplifier for the Leslie. Like our AmpliTube and T-RackS Leslie plug-ins, you can mix-and-match different amplifiers with different cabinets to custom-configure your Leslie exactly the way you want. Choose between the model 147, classic 122, modern 122A, 3300W and G37 / Studio 12 Leslie amps or two tube guitar amps, the British Lead, based on the Marshall® Plexi S100, and the HiAmp, based on the Hiwatt® Custom 100 DR 103. You can also choose “No Amp” to remove any amplifier coloration from the sound and just use the rotating speaker element on its own.
darkogav

Return to General Discussions